day 19 and they're hatching! update

RockyToggRanch

Songster
11 Years
May 22, 2008
Upstate NY
I'm on day 18 for my BO's and 17 for the others. I just heard peeping! Isn't too soon? I want to turn one more time tonight before we batten down the hatches.
I've only ever done this one other time. I don't remember hearing peeps until hatch day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
PEEPING...
Nope, I have noriced my BOs are popping out on day 19 lately?? The last 3 hatches they all came out on 19, healthy...
GOOD LUCK!
Christina

It was high the first day. Does the peeping mean I should stop turning right away and up the humidity? Do they peep before hatch day?

Oh no...I'm not ready. I don't have the brooder set up yet. I just bought the light and feeders today. There's a nice big wooden box I was eyeing at work to use. I'll have to grab it tomorrow.

Darn! I just put in for a 4 day weekend so I wouldn't miss this. I may have to take a vacation week..

Hi I believe to peep that have to have already pipped the membrane so I wouldn't turn anmore. Just me though. Not a expert. Better get the brooder ready, lol

I'd set them flat, but that's just me. They need the room to stretch after they hatch, and I think it might be more difficult for them to hatch in a carton. But after that no touchy! How cool, my silkie eggs hatched out on day 20 because my thermometer was off and I didn't know it. But I started hearing peeping at the end of day 18 and early day 19.
clap.gif
Just make sure all the humidity and temperature is right, then try and forget about them...I know it's hard, TRUST ME!!!!
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom