Day 19, Eggs pipping and chirping

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by New2chickensnky, Jun 4, 2008.

1. New2chickensnky

New2chickensnky Out Of The Brooder

Feb 18, 2008
    YIPPIE!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks like my first hatch will make it , at least some of them anyhow...
    I have several chirping and a couple pipping .. What do I do next?/ I mean after they are fluffy and all and I take them out of the bator , do I give them both food and water or just food or just water?? Thanks to all you pros.. [​IMG]

2. chickenmonkey

chickenmonkey Out Of The Brooder

May 17, 2008
    ontario, canada
    I'm no pro!! But, I am exactly in the same shoes as you..exciting huh? I discovered mine moving this afternoon when I put the hatching tray it....now the fun begins..

3. New2chickensnky

New2chickensnky Out Of The Brooder

Feb 18, 2008
    Yes , it is very exciting.. I am wondering when to give them help. I mean if there is a chick that has made the first crack in the egg , and it has been a while , when should I get out the tweezers and help it to hatch. I know I read it here before , but not sure of the exact time frame , like 24 hours and no change or what. I have been told that once you see this and hear the chirps to litterly sit on your hands , which is hard to do when u want so bad to see a baby be born. My kids are always wanting to go look through the windows and see if anything new is happening and I have to say my husband and I are the same way with it , if we have checked it 1 time since I noticed it , we have checked it 1000 times.. LOL [​IMG] I am just so happy that after several times trying to hatch just one , we have several little chirps being heard , when one does it , it is like a chorus starting up . They are not really due to hatch till tomorrow , but I am sure I will not sleep a wink tonight as I want to watch it all unfold.. Let me know how yours are coming along and I will keep you posted on mine as well.. Together , we should be able to figuare something out.. Thanks for the post.. [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by