Day 19, getting anxious

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by kycowgirl78, Apr 24, 2009.

1. kycowgirl78

kycowgirl78 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2009
    Morgantown, Ky
    I've got 14 eggs due to hatch on Sunday. I've tried incubation twice before with a pretty good lot of eggs and have successfully raised 2 to adult chickens. Not good odds. Hoping what I've learned over the winter will help have a better hatch rate.

2. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    OH, I wish you the VERY best of luck! It will be a L-O-N-G wait til they start hatching...it always is!

3. Nemo

Nemo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2008
    N'rn Wisconsin
    Good luck! [​IMG]

I'm on day 15. I put nine in, and five candle well.

4. kycowgirl78

Apr 12, 2009
    Morgantown, Ky
    When I candled these, only 2 were iffy fertile, far as I could tell. My biggest problem in the past has been the right humidity and my impatient butt trying to HELP the chicks when I'm really just screwing things up. So I've done my best on the humidity. I am NOT going to aid hatches, I am NOT going to aid hatches, I am NOT going to aid hatches!!!!!!! We shall see how it goes.[​IMG]

5. ChevygirlBeth

ChevygirlBeth Chillin' With My Peeps

Good luck! Sunday is day 21 for me, too! I keep checking to see if there is anything going on... I can't wait! Good luck on your hatch!

6. kycowgirl78

Apr 12, 2009
    Morgantown, Ky
    I think 2 of my eggs were duds from the beginning but had hope for the other 4, still nothing on day 21. Had 7 start to hatch last night, 1 didn't make it and I have 6 fuzzy babies up and around. All in all, pretty pleased. Best success yet. Second set due in about 2 wks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by