Day 19 Husband Had to Go Out of Town

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by 3GChicks, Feb 28, 2012.

1. 3GChicks

3GChicks Out Of The Brooder

Jan 19, 2012
    Today is day 19 for the 8 eggs we have in the incubator. My husband has been the one monitoring it and adjusting temperature and humidity. Unfortunately my husbands father had to be put in the hospital due to complications from lung/liver/bone cancer and my husband had to go to SC. So now I am in charge of the incubator.

My husband has put a lot of time and effort into the incubator and I want to help ensure that the eggs hatch, so what should I be looking for?

I checked the temperature this morning, it is 100 and the humidity is at 66%.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
  2. builderone

builderone Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2011
    That sounds good. You will be fine the chicks are tuff little buggers. I have 12 hatched since yesterday and a bunch of pips.

3. georgiagail

georgiagail Chillin' With My Peeps

This far along in the incubation the best advice is just to leave the eggs and the incubator alone and things should progress fine (if, of course, the eggs are fertile).

Gail

4. 3GChicks

Jan 19, 2012

My husband has candled the eggs several times, all 8 eggs are fertile

5. 3GChicks

Jan 19, 2012
    When could I possibly start to hear pipping. Today is day 19. It is like I am pregnant all over again, I want to sit there and just watch the eggs, but I have a 1 year old and a 6 year old, so that isn't possible [​IMG]

6. builderone

builderone Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2011
    My wife and daughter say they hear them on day19- 20 or so. I hear them when they get out of the shell. [​IMG]

7. tmfineg

tmfineg Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2012
    Gallatin TN
    Good luck with your hatch!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by