Day 19 Lockdown, one egg pipped

ChickloveCVT91

In the Brooder
Mar 13, 2018
I am very new to incubating eggs and came down to the incubator to noticed that one of the eggs pipped in the egg turner. It's day 19 and I was going to set them out of the turner for the lockdown stage. Is there a risk that the one egg that pipped won't make it because I opened the incubator? I tried to move as quickly as I could but the egg was out of the incubator for at least 30 seconds. :hmm I'm probably worried about nothing but our first batch was unsuccessful so I'm really trying !

One hatched already, the one I was worried about is almost out ! There are 4 more that have pipped. There is so much chirping and movement. This is so exciting!

Our humidity for the lockdown is around 60%, that's okay right ?

20180510_094105.jpg

We had a total of 10 successfully hatch from the 14 that were fertile. One I helped hatch because it was shrink wrapped by the dry membrane, was okay for a bit but had a deformed leg and passed. The other three never pipped and were dead in the eggs. Otherwise a good success rate. Were thinking that they pipped early because our temp was 101 in the incubator, we'll just adjust it for next time.

Back
Top Bottom