Day 19 question!!! Almost there!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by erijn5, Mar 29, 2009.

1. erijn5

erijn5 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    South Central IL
    Okay, yes I had posted change the humidity or not. Well I came to the conclusion to do so, with a question now.

Yesterday I took the eggs off the turners. But I recieved some eggs later than I expected so I have to hand turn them for 2 days. Anyway, I have turned the temp. to 100 and I was trying to get the humidity to 60-65. I have a hovabator 1602N. I filled both water trays, I figured it was good to go. [​IMG]

Now to my question, on the instructions it says not to let condensation build up on the peer in windows...so all day yesterday the highest we could get the hum. was 58% and there was condensation all on the windows. Temp. is 100 and holding good. Do you think 58% is good enough, there is plenty of water in there, i just don't want to gt it to moist in there with cond. on the windows and all?????? [​IMG]

Almost there chicky's come on!!!!! Candleing looking promising I'd hate to ruin it now!! [​IMG]

[​IMG] Please help my babies hatch.. thanks

Last edited: Mar 29, 2009
  2. chickenlove2009

chickenlove2009 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2009
    Woodlawn, Tn
    I have heard of people puting half a sponge ( or both halves) in the water to get the humidity up to where they thought it should be.

some one on here posted that ventilation was the key not humidity to a good hatch.

I really do not know I never really pay attention to my humidity.

3. wolfie

wolfie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I am also on day 19 now and can't get my humidty to go above 35% I am so mad [​IMG] on yesterday I like I rember when I first put the eggs in and put some water in then an hour later I checked and nothing happened [​IMG] I am starting to doubt that my eggs will hatch because of the humidty I will be looking at this post really carefully.

4. chickenlove2009

chickenlove2009 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2009
    Woodlawn, Tn
    Quote:if your on day 19. try covering some of the bator holes and increasing the surface area of your water. try to get it alteast to 50% by tonight. ( all this coming from somenone who doesn't even own a hydrometer [​IMG] )

still.....

5. erijn5

May 8, 2008
    South Central IL
    Quote:Yes I have heard of the sponge method..and the very thick sock soaked in water, my cousin put a bowl of water in hers and a sponge to boost....right now I'm at 100 degrees, 58% hum. And i figure that when the chicks start hatching they will raise it even more right? [​IMG]

6. bock

bock Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Northern CA
    Humidity day 18-21=60-65% so you should be o.k [​IMG] .

P.s good luck( I found a 4 leaf clover yesterday [​IMG] [​IMG] )

7. erijn5

May 8, 2008
    South Central IL
    Quote:A fellow hatcher...what are you hatching? Blue/black cochins sm., buff polish, Blue Jersey Giant, Mutts!!! Hopefully all hens, LOL [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. erijn5

May 8, 2008
    South Central IL
    Getting closer 100 degrees 59%....and counting!! My husband is about to kill me literally. [​IMG] I'm driving him nuts!! One small problem, the dummy told me I could hatch all summer in the beginning...I maybe divorced come fall! [​IMG] LOL

OH MY HOBBIES!! [​IMG]

9. erijn5

May 8, 2008
    South Central IL
    Quote:Thanks for the luck I need all I can get!! I will probably have a stomachache until tues. I've got butterflies already!! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Can you get too much water in there the last day???

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by