Day 19 stats

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by hypnofrogstevie, Dec 31, 2007.

1. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    Well It came off the turner today! I am not getting my hopes up to high after I found out for the past few days my hygrometer is busted. Now I am just winging the humidity but it says 101.3 for the temp. I dont know if this is correct or not. I am going for the more exspensive hygrometers next hatch. I will let yall know on the 20th if I see rocking

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2008
  2. Good luck!

Lisa

3. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    I hope all goes well with your hatch!

4. hypnofrogstevie

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    Thanks I took out the battery and put it back in. Maybe it might work?

5. hypnofrogstevie

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    Well I am using the $20 hygrometer for shooting practice. I took out the battery and it put it back in. Temp is reading 106.04F.

6. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    I'm not sure I would trust it's reading at this point. It sounds like your having trouble with it. Hopefully it is wrong and it's not that hot in there! Good luck!

7. hypnofrogstevie

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    I know its wrong. it was 100.00-102.03-106.04F. So I am just leaving the bator alone and trust my instincts.

8. hypnofrogstevie

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    Should I see what happens or just unplug it and start new?

9. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Unplug the bator? No way! Just hang tight and see what you get. If by chance that thermometer is a Fluker's, you definitely can't trust it. They used to be reliable, but somehow, quite a few wild ones got out onto the shelves, and are awful for jumping all over the place. I had one and exchanged it and the new one seems to work okay.

10. hypnofrogstevie

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    Its a springfield inc one. I may be ordering soon from you cyn [​IMG]. Are the splash orps toghether or wil they be mixed?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by