*Day 19!! These 3 days are going to be sooo long!!*

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Tripp16, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Tripp16

Tripp16 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    Ugh! At 8:00 tonight it turned day 19 no peeps or pips yet. When we went into lockdown yesterday they were all alive and on 2 the yolk looked completely absorbed!

I just hope I get at least one or two out the 10 that went into lockdown! Is anyone else waiting? [​IMG]

Oh and how long do you think it will be if one eggs rolled around one time?? [​IMG]

2. blessedchick

blessedchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2011
    I'm on day 20...no pips or peeps to report although I put my ear against the 'bator window every hour so I won't miss a peep!

Praying for healthy hatches for all![​IMG]

3. Tripp16

May 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    Quote:You sound like me! Haha. I have to try an find something to keep me busy!

Good luck with your hatch! [​IMG]

4. blessedchick

blessedchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2011
    Day 21 dawns bright and sunny! No pips or cheeps, but I'm going to try to be patient...[​IMG]
    Thank heavens I have to go to work so I won't be staring at that white box all day! Hmmm...wish I had an "egg cam"....hmmm...Santa?

5. johnson215

johnson215 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 7, 2011
    bunnlevel, nc
    good luck it's so exciting!!! i let one of my bantams set on their eggs last year to see if they would hatch.. i would constantly check on her and she would puff up and scream at me when i got near her it was so funny..[​IMG] and then one day i went up there and heard the little chicks under her i was so excited.. i brought them in and put them in a plastic tub under a heat lamp in my bedroom and all 5 survived.. it was a lot of fun.. maybe i'll try it again..[​IMG]

6. critterrun

critterrun Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2011
    NJ
    I go into lock down on Wed
    I hope I get a few

7. Tripp16

May 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    Quote:I hope you get some babies soon! [​IMG]

8. Wlcote

Wlcote New Egg

Aug 5, 2011
    i'm on day 22, and someone is making noise, one has made a hole in the egg and breathing out it, but at the bottom of the incubator there is a puddle of blood, so i don't know what to do???? i need help please!!! this is my 2nd try at hatching, the first batch didn't grow properly there was yellow mustard stuff outside their bodies, inside out is what my husband called it. this new batch, there is about 15 eggs in there, i did find one who broke a hole, but it wasn't breathing or moving so i peeled back without breaking the skin and no heartbeat [​IMG]
    so i knew that was a dud, i'm watching this other guy like a hawk on dinner time, so please someone help me figure out what i should do??? thank you...

9. Tripp16

May 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    Quote:Im not sure... I hope someone else will chime in here! I had my first pip this morning around 9:00 so I hope mines still going at it slowly but surely!

Good luck! [​IMG]

10. Jewels1935

Jewels1935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 4, 2011
    Central Florida
    I can't wait till they hatch for you! This is exciting [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by