Day 19 what should I be looking for now???

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by mmajw, Jun 1, 2008.

1. mmajw

mmajw Songster

Jan 31, 2008
    Maine
    It is Day 19 today, what should I be looking for now??
    What should happen between now and Day 21 anything?

2. You may get some pips on day 19 but its still a little early to hatch.Maybe late on day 19? Mine started hatching on day 20 and I did not see any action until that day either.No pips or anything the day before. I am on day 19 in one of my other hatches and see nothing there either.Thats not to say that it couldn't happen, since I have read posts that say it does. Its just not the norm to hatch then.

3. suebee

suebee Speaks Silkie Fluently

Apr 1, 2007
    N. Carolina
    I'm on day 19 too! My broody got off the nest this morning and I almost had a heart attack![​IMG]
    she finally came back after 45 minutes. Hope they're OK.[​IMG]
    It's coming down to the wire now...just waiting and hoping.[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 1, 2008
  4. mmajw

mmajw Songster

Jan 31, 2008
    Maine
    I am so nervous this is my first hatch. I am not going to far from the bator these days. [​IMG]

5. Vamp-A-Billy Princess

Vamp-A-Billy Princess Songster

Apr 13, 2008
    Indiana
    Mine from my last batch started hatching day 19. They are all fine and healthy. I was just hoping to see a pip and ther was a cute fluffy chick in the bator chirping at me.

6. mmajw

mmajw Songster

Jan 31, 2008
    Maine
    Ok Day 20 and still nothing but eggs in a bator.......... [​IMG]

7. I am right there with you, day 20 and not a creature is stirring.

8. suebee

suebee Speaks Silkie Fluently

Apr 1, 2007
    N. Carolina
    Same here, day 20/21 and nothing.[​IMG]
    At least you get to SEE the eggs; my broody is covering all the action![​IMG]
    She is sitting more intently which may mean some egg movement. The waiting is killing me....[​IMG]

9. NoSpringChick

NoSpringChick Songster

Apr 15, 2008
    SE PA
    Day 19 here and I set the eggs in the egg carton cut up into six cups...upped the humidity last night, but I'm having a problem regulating my temperature. Overnight it registered 102.9 (that was the water wiggler temp).....yikes.

I couldn't decide to put them in the egg cartons or just lay them on their sides, however, there was so much good news on this forum about doing it that way, I thought I would give it a try.

The four eggs I put under my broody hen should be hatching the exact same day.....I betcha she's not worrying about the temperature and humidity levels!

My incubator is in the basement and my thighs are getting quite a workout! Good luck everyone and keep posting!

10. mmajw

mmajw Songster

Jan 31, 2008
    Maine
    I put mine in the top part of the egg carton so that when they came out they dont spill out onto the grid and possibly injure their legs.

I am so excited I have the laptop right near the bator so I can keep watching.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: