day 19

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by charbel, May 6, 2011.

1. charbel

charbel Out Of The Brooder

Apr 17, 2011
    its day 19 today i see no cracks but i can here the chicks i am so happy but iam worried coz the humidity is about 55 % i cant do nothing about it is it ok or will the chicks have problems hatching

Last edited: May 6, 2011
  2. OHhappychicks

OHhappychicks Overrun With Chickens

May 2, 2009
    Hillsboro,OH
    Quote:If I were you, I would try to get it up to at least 65. 65-70 is optimin. I don't know what kind of bator you have. I have an lg and I added water thru the vent hole with a plastic tube. You can use a straw or anything that reaches into your channels. You don't want shrink wrapped babies. I think if it were me, and mind you I am not in the least an expert, going thru my first hatch ever, but I probably would open it up and dump some water in if you can't do it thru a vent. Some put a sponge in and keep the water in it. Hopefully someone else will have a different opinion. I just know in my little giant, I kept the humidity at 65-70 untill they started hatching, then it went up to 80-82. I just opened one of the vents for a little while and it went down to about 78. do you have all your vents closed and lid on tight? I would check the manual to see what it said. Sorry I couldn't be of great help, but I really believe you need to get it up and quick. If you can hear peeps, it won't be long!! [​IMG] Here's to a great hatch!! [​IMG] And [​IMG] the greatest site and nicest people!!

Last edited: May 6, 2011
  3. charbel

charbel Out Of The Brooder

Apr 17, 2011
    Thx For The Help Ill Do My Best To Let Become Around 60% Minimum

4. ScissorChick

ScissorChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2010
    Under Your bed
    Welcome to BYC charbel! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

When chicks start peeping and chirping, it'll usually be another 24 hours or so before you see pips [​IMG]

~Scissor

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by