1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Day 2 incubation question..with pictures. Can you help??

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by casslarrabee225, Jan 25, 2012.

1. casslarrabee225

casslarrabee225 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2011
    Mid-Coast, Maine
    My Coop
    No this isn't a stick person..lol. (This is a duck egg, not chicken egg too)
    I put a circle around the size of the air sack at day 2..is it normal size or too small??
    I put arrows to the very edge of a circular shadow that I see. I'm nervous it might be a blood ring? It's not prominante or redish it's just like a disc that wiggles a little. I woke up this morning to find the temp at 110* then realized I hadn't put water in when I put the duck in. I tried an egg before this one that wasn't fertile and just put this egg right in after I took the other out and forgot to check the water. That's why I'm nervous it might be a blood ring... I know it's VERY hard to see, but the second picture shows what could be [​IMG] a little spot that might be an embryo in the center of the "disc"??

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
  2. tec27

tec27 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2011
    Pittsburgh
    It's only day 2. Wait another day or so. You can't really see anything on day 2.

1 person likes this.
  3. casslarrabee225

casslarrabee225 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2011
    Mid-Coast, Maine
    My Coop
    IT'S FERTILE!!! [​IMG]
    I just checked it this afternoon and I saw a tiny embryo (that seems to be growing by the SECOND!) and could see the little heart beat beating away. [​IMG] It melted my heart! My little duckies that I hatched last year did it! They made a baby duck! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by