Day 20/21 - no air cell??

SoManyHats

Songster
6 Years
May 9, 2013
Winchester, VA
I set my eggs three weeks ago tomorrow (Saturday) at 10am, so depending on who I ask. It's either day 20 or 21. But, I have not seen or heard anything from them. So when I noticed my humidity had gotten a bit high, I took advantage and pulled one out to candle...and I could no longer see the air cell! What in the world does that mean???

This is my first time incubating, and so far it has not been much fun. If none of these chicks make it, I don't think I'll try again. The stress is horrible!

I set my eggs three weeks ago tomorrow (Saturday) at 10am, so depending on who I ask. It's either day 20 or 21. But, I have not seen or heard anything from them. So when I noticed my humidity had gotten a bit high, I took advantage and pulled one out to candle...and I could no longer see the air cell! What in the world does that mean???

This is my first time incubating, and so far it has not been much fun. If none of these chicks make it, I don't think I'll try again. The stress is horrible!
I don't now what the lack of an air cell might mean. Maybe the chick is turning into hatching position and it obscured it so you couldn't see it?
hu.gif

The chick pips internally into the aircell, and starts breathing. This is when you hear the first peeps, next come the external pip, where you can see the broken shell. Some hours after that comes the zip. Healthy chicks zip in about 1/2 hr, long zippers tend to get shrinkwrapped...

Well he/she hatched this evening without a hitch! It did take about 75 min. to zip, but it came out strong, chirping up a storm and wobbling all over the incubator! That was 5 hours ago and it has only been settling down in the last hour or so. That's one feisty BCM! :lol:

Well he/she hatched this evening without a hitch! It did take about 75 min. to zip, but it came out strong, chirping up a storm and wobbling all over the incubator! That was 5 hours ago and it has only been settling down in the last hour or so. That's one feisty BCM!
lol.png

Congrats!
woot.gif

Back
Top Bottom