day 20 ? about difference in temp in water weasel inside bator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by jackiedon, Jul 26, 2007.

1. jackiedon

jackiedon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Central Arkansas
    okay I have 2 themometers one inside the water weasel and the other in the bottom of the bator. The one in the water weasel was just 101 and the other one was 96. That's a big difference which do I go by. I have the humidity at about 70%

I'm sure I heard peeping a while ago. I'm a little nervous since I haven't had seen any pipping. I'm worried since there hasn't been a high hatch rate on the silkie eggs.

I'm in a lot of pain from my knee surgery so I can't sleep or rest very well so I'm worrying about my eggs.

Please any advice,

jackie

2. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    I go by the water weasel its supose to be the temp thats inside the egg. I took out my other themometer and just use the one with the probe in the water weasel. So far I've had no problems with chicks hatching. Good Luck

3. jackiedon

Jun 4, 2007
    Central Arkansas
    Thank you so much!!

My daughter are wanting these different color silkies and my neighbor is really wanting the RIR so I feel so much pressure to do a good hatch. Plus I'm excited over the silkies.

jackie

4. skeeter9

skeeter9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Good luck, Jackie!!!

Can't wait to see pics of your babies when they hatch.

Keep us posted!!

Lori

5. AccidentalFarm

AccidentalFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2007
    Yep- water weasel temp is the one to go by. Good luck with your hatch!

6. jackiedon

Jun 4, 2007
    Central Arkansas
    I have about 5 pipping and a bunch peeping. All of the ones pipping are either RIR or White Leghorn.

OT my daughter's camera is messed up. When you turn it on it looks like a negative. There has to be a mode to change but can't find it any ideas?

jackie

7. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    You should be able to go into the settings menu and set it back to default or normal mode. I have a camera that has all that fancy settings I never use it. Good Luck

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by