Day 20 and I hear cheeping

Pics

ScottyGill

Songster
Jun 22, 2019
Dunoon, Argyll & Bute, Scotland
i can’t believe we’re here already. I’ve read so much and made my decisions over the past 3 weeks that I have to live with. We have kept a fairly stable 40% humidity adding no water as were very humid here. I’ve now added some and trying to keep it around 70-75%. Were talking literally drops though! now we have our brooder box and food, vitamins, probiotics everything ready. I set them on Thursday morning 3 weeks ago. So tomorrow is D day, maybe?? Tonight I hear cheeping. I am pacing. I am tense. I may be a basket case by the end of this!!!

This is the worst part about incubating... The waiting game. :barnie
Do you have any external tips yet?
Good luck!
Yes first time! If there are external tips they are on the other side I see nothing obvious but I can hear them. I have 9 left out of 12. They are a mix. I have 2 pale blue eggs, one olive green, 2 pale brown and the rest are smaller with darker brown shells. I’ve put a photo of the listing.

Attachments

• 8D718692-FA62-4229-9ADF-8A6EF5DA5DCE.png
    8D718692-FA62-4229-9ADF-8A6EF5DA5DCE.png
    177.4 KB · Views: 32
Yes first time! If there are external tips they are on the other side I see nothing obvious but I can hear them. I have 9 left out of 12. They are a mix. I have 2 pale blue eggs, one olive green, 2 pale brown and the rest are smaller with darker brown shells.
You mean you haven't looked at 'the other side' yet?
:barnie

I'd check real quick and if there is a crack on the other side of turn it around...facing the sky...so it's on top of the egg.

You mean you haven't looked at 'the other side' yet?
:barnie

I'd check real quick and if there is a crack on the other side of turn it around...facing the sky...so it's on top of the egg.
Ok. Bring on the advice. I’ve deliberately gone for the higher humidity to allow for meddling but I was scared to touch them. Like I was scared to pick up my new baby for hours :oops:

Ok. Bring on the advice. I’ve deliberately gone for the higher humidity to allow for meddling but I was scared to touch them. Like I was scared to pick up my new baby for hours :oops:
Candle one in a dark room.
Just be steady and gentle.

Shine the light into the air cell and look for the beak.

Back
Top Bottom