day 20 and i'm biting my nails hatch complete ! photos!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by crysmom, Oct 31, 2007.

1. crysmom

crysmom Songster

Sep 24, 2007
    THis waiting is awful! I'ts early on day 20 and I'm not expecting anything to happen till later tonight or tomorrow but I'm having such a hard time. I keep looking through the windows with a flashlight to see any pips even though I know its too early! man I must be going crazy I'm worse than the kids!

Last edited: Nov 2, 2007
  2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude

LOL, actually, it isn't really too early to see a pip. AND, sometimes, they pip on the underside of the egg, sneaky little things. I almost always have pips on Day 20.

3. marie_martin

marie_martin Songster

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    I will be biting my nails the rest of the week too. I have one set on day 18 starting tonight so they will be moved to the hatcher. Another set will be on day 18 on friday. So I will hopefully have a very busy week and weekend. Good luck and keep us posted.

Marie

4. crysmom

crysmom Songster

Sep 24, 2007
    oh dear now i'll probably spend the whole day on my knees with the flashlight [​IMG]

but at least i'm being good and not opening the lid!

5. marie_martin

marie_martin Songster

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    Whatever you do, leave that lid closed!!!!! Put a sign on it or something. That is the hardest part for me too. I told DH to keep me out of there and don't let me open it, no matter what. But he is not going to pay that much attention so I don't think it will help. I should really get some control!!

Good luck. Can't wait to hear.

Marie

6. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Songster

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    I'm on day 20 also and I keep checking with a flashlight too!

Last edited: Oct 31, 2007
  7. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Crowing

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    I wish you all good luck!

8. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude

Good luck! Twila, I'm nervously waiting for word of your first pip as well. My last Ameraucanas pipped about 3 a.m. on Day 21.

9. crysmom

crysmom Songster

Sep 24, 2007
    Quote:thankfully once all the kids get home I"ll be too busy for a few hours to take a look then off trick or treating. Maybe something will have happened by the time we are done [​IMG] then I can spend all night watching

10. magikchick

magikchick ~FEATHERFOOTED DIVA~

Apr 21, 2007
    SW Florida
    Thank goodness I'm not the only one down on knees with a flashlight. I keep telling them come on hatch, come on hatch.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: