Day 20 and nothing

Bantu

Chirping
Jul 21, 2016
USA
My Coop
My Coop
Day 20 and I don't see or hear anything. Day 20 started at 2 pm this afternoon. I haven't opened the incubator since putting them in lockdown. Humidity was 83% but I suction some out and now it's back up to 82%... Now what do I open it to bring down the humidity ? REALLY upsetting I can get chicks to lockdown and nothing (4 try). Husband said this is the last time. Incubator and fertile eggs cost too much. Please help me.

Howdy. What did you see in the eggs right before lockdown? Veins? Anything? It's completely normal to see or hear nothing at lockdown until hatch. They are resting up getting ready for the hard work of hatching into the world!
You say your are day 20. Are these onsite eggs or shipped?
It really does make a difference
Keep cool Mami. You can do this!

The eggs I have are from my beloved Mr Big. He was killed 3 days after I put them in the incubator. He was a doll. I know they are mixed breed but I really wanted chicks from him. I would have collected more from the hens but the weather has been freezing, the eggs were cold. My DH will not agree to buying hatching eggs because of chance of no hatch ( throwing money away ).
It's really frustrating when you read about incubators made of coolers , fish tanks and heating pads getting some to hatch. I pay $300 for a quality incubator and I get 36 to lockdown than they die. DH says if at least 1 hatches I can keep the incubator.
1f629.png
1f414.png

What did you see when you candled day 7? Day 14?

The incubator is paid for and you didn't pay for eggs, understand why this batch is so important to you. Keep us posted but don't give up, give them at least a couple days more.

Also, are you putting them with the large end pointing up? I made the huge mistake of doing them pointy end up with my quail eggs. Zero hatched out of over 100... did a batch of 10 with them pointing the right way and 3 have hatched so far with manual turning and a warming light. No actual incubator at all.

Not what I expected color wise. Thought it would be all black.it's Grey, white and yellow. Has feathered legs.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom