day 20 and still nothing! getting nervous :(

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Nikkumz, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Nikkumz

Nikkumz Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    Spanaway,WA
    Everyone i talk to says they have AT LEAST internal pipping by day 20...i have nothing [​IMG]
    Temp is good at 99.1 and humidity at 65% now. No internal pips so i took someones advice and candled them all..quickly, Everyones still moving around in the eggs, so i think all is well. Im a newbie, someone make me feel better!

2. latebloomer

latebloomer Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2011
    green mountain state
    you're doing fine, so are your chicks.

they'll come out when they want to.

go have some ice cream.

3. Nikkumz

Mar 24, 2011
    Spanaway,WA
    Quote:I tried oreos:)
    Doesnt work very well. lol, My daughter keeps asking ' mommy when do i get to hold my chicky chicks' Shes just as impatient as me [​IMG]

4. snazzyboots

snazzyboots Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2011
    baltimore
    nikkumz i am in the same situation. it is day 21 here and nothing. i candled them all. there were and are still no pips so i wasn't really worried about opening the bator. it is my first time so i'm just going by all that i have learned in my research but have heard that if the temps in the incubator are low the babies can be late. if i don't have anything tomorrow i will attempt the float test. i wish you all the best. ps there is a thread anyone hatching april 5-7 by suechick. may want to check it out. everyone there is super cool and helpful. [​IMG]

5. latebloomer

latebloomer Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2011
    green mountain state
    any progress nikkumz?

Last edited: Apr 8, 2011
  6. kstaven

kstaven Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 26, 2007
    BC, Washington Border
    If your temps are running a little low due to a badly calibrated thermometer you could go to day 21, 22 or even 23 before internal pip and up to 24 days to hatch. Have seen this before with many new to hatching on this forum.

7. jvls1942

jvls1942 Overrun With Chickens

Oct 16, 2008
    wausau,wisconsin
    chickens take 21 days.. you are not SUPPOSED to see anything until day 21.. relax. Do not depend upon what other people see . If they are seeing pips befor day 21, they have their temperature too high.. ( a product of the mythe of 101F in a still air bator)... You probably have yours just right..

8. Nikkumz

Mar 24, 2011
    Spanaway,WA
    Thanks everyone! Day 21 here and still nothing, I think my little guys/gals are just too comfy in thier eggs lol.
    Not even an internal pip!
    But thanks for everyones help.

9. snazzyboots

snazzyboots Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2011
    baltimore
    Don't give up yet. I just had 2 hatch today. Day 22. I'm hoping to get more still. Good luck

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by