Day 20 Bl Rocks, Barred &Ph.... Update #3Pg 3...Pics P 3 6 out 3 pip

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by lockedhearts, Oct 28, 2008.

1. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    I moved the eggs from Halo, Speckledhen and my Phoenix into the hatcher yesterday.

2 Phoenix hatched this morning and I have a Blue Rock that is pipped, unfortunately it pipped low, it is yelling up a storm so crossing my fingers and hoping for the best.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2008
  2. UrbanMama

UrbanMama Gone Country....

Sep 27, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Quote:yeah!!! Where's our pics??? [​IMG]

3. lockedhearts

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Quote:yeah!!! Where's our pics??? [​IMG]

I was rushing around this morning and had to help one chick out, he got himself in a weird position and there was no way he could have made it out on his on.... So I will take pics later today. I think one of the Blue Rock eggs had a crack in it too, so hoping that at least one makes it out today.

4. UrbanMama

UrbanMama Gone Country....

Sep 27, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    CONGRATS !!!! Cant wait to see pics of the cuties !!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. island.girlie

island.girlie Chillin' With My Peeps

Is it usual for eggs to hatch early by a couple of days?

7. lockedhearts

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    island.girlie :

Is it usual for eggs to hatch early by a couple of days?

A lot of factors come into play, in my case, I think because I just started turning my heat on, my bator stayed a couple degrees warmer. But also, I have hatched several Phoenix out from my birds and the little boogers seem to hatch a little early.​

8. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    For some reason, my blue rocks all hatch early. I can count on pips on day 19, and most, if not all, hatched by day 20. I dont know if its my incubator is running just a tad on the high side, but Ive had other breeds that hatch on day 21.

9. SGM

SGM Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2008
    Easley, SC
    Oh I hope you get lots of little hatchers. [​IMG] Congrats on the ones you already have. I bet the blue rocks will be pretty. I haven't seen one of those yet.

10. lockedhearts

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Quote:My incubation temp the last couple weeks ran between 100 and 101 and I know it was because I started running my heat at night. Nothing was "technically" pipped this morning, but it is early Day 19 and now with 2 chipring babies in there cheering them on, I bet they will be by the time I get home.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by