Day 20...cheeps...no pips! (PICS POSTED!)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by NatalieB, Oct 28, 2009.

1. NatalieB

NatalieB Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2009
    Ashby, MA
    I can hear them in there!!! When do I intervene? I am worried they wont come out on their own. It is killing me to not rip that shell off!!! [​IMG]

Please advise me.......!! LOL Please! [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 31, 2009
  2. evonne

evonne Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2009
    Las Vegas
    don't do it... don't do it...
    do you need to borrow my handcuffs??? lol....

mine were peeping away this morning and then 4 pipped within 10 minutes of each otehr and nothing until about 6 hours later... day 20 is still early... tomorrow you can resume your pacing....

3. NatalieB

Jun 27, 2009
    Ashby, MA
    Yes yes......I need them! It is killing me........doesn't help my husband is telling me to go ahead! LOL
    Ok hands off for now........[​IMG]

4. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

Go for a walk .... get away from that bator! [​IMG]

5. NatalieB

Jun 27, 2009
    Ashby, MA
    Wow Kathy.....you seem so calm.......I just read everything you have in your bator! Holy cow! I'm fretting over 6 RIR's......I have no right! LOL

6. mstricer

mstricer Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2009
    Ohio
    Quote:Dont listen to him its an evil plot to say later "I knew you shouldn't have done that, That was really dumb huh? Listen to us DONT TOUCH THE EGGS! [​IMG]

7. kathyinmo

Quote:Ha, calm??? I'm sweating now! They worry me. I question myself over and over!

I hope your hatch is a great success! [​IMG]

8. classroomducks

classroomducks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2009
    Fort Worth, Tx
    I am waiting for 15 ducks to hatch...9 due on the 31 and 6 due on the 2nd...i started hearing cheeping and wobbling yesterday...nothing this morning, just more wobbling and cheeping...and then all of a sudden this afternoon [​IMG] ...6 pips popped just like popcorn [​IMG] ...it was def 24+ hours after i heard the first peep... this is my first hatch ever and I am dying...i know how you feel. Look on the bright side...you only have 21 days to wait...this is day 26...lol Sit on your hands...

9. txredneckmedic

txredneckmedic Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2009
    must be nice...im not hearing nothing and im on day 21...keep thinking i hear something hitting the egg but nada

10. kathyinmo

Quote:WOW, that is great! I had 9 duck eggs (neighbors) and only hatched 2. However, I do believe it was my error with temp/humidity/oxygen regulating. Good for you!

Natalie ... How's it going? Need update here! [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 28, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by