1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

day 20- Dipsy's eggs are pipping! PICS pg 2

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chickenlisa, May 13, 2009.

1. chickenlisa

chickenlisa Invincible Summer

Apr 9, 2007
    I've got about 3 doz. of Dipsydoodledoo's Ameraucauna and Frizzle eggs in my bator. 1 Frizzle hatched overnight...I came downstairs this morning and found it out already! No noise overnight like when they usually hatch. This one was fast and quiet! I have 7 more pips in the blue eggs as of this minute. I am so psyched....I've wanted some Ameraucaunas and now it looks like I'll get some... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Lisa

Last edited: May 14, 2009
  2. willowcol

willowcol Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Macclesfield NC
    Congratulations, I just love my babies from Dipsy!

3. chickenlisa

Apr 9, 2007
    4 babies are out and 7 eggs are pipped as of a min. ago. They are so cute! Blues and blacks so far... Adorable! I'll take pics when more are hatched and they are fluffed up. Do Ameraucaunas have cheek muffs (tufts?) when they hatch?

4. jhart101

jhart101 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2009
    Clayton, NC
    Congrats...post pics when you can.
    [​IMG]

5. DouglasPeeps

DouglasPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2008
    Colorado
    [​IMG] Awwww! I can't wait to see pics of them!

6. Hi Lisa! Great job incubating!
    Some will hatch with obvious beards/muffs and some not so much til later (I don't know if that's the way they all are, just the ones here).
    Can't wait to see pics!
    Good luck with the rest!
    [​IMG]
    Lisa

7. chickenlisa

Apr 9, 2007
    update: 6 1/2 chicks are hatched with a bunch more pipped!! This is so much fun- no interventions at all yet...a day early for all of these ones too. No problems getting out of their shells, they pip, make that pip a big hole, then zip around the shell like little racecar drivers, then pop out and dry off pretty quickly! This is the easiest hatch I've had this year, so far!
    pics soon....[​IMG]

ETA: 7 are out and 5 are working hard to get out by morning.... [​IMG]

Last edited: May 13, 2009
  8. chickenlisa

Apr 9, 2007
    13 are out already! More are pipping as I write! They had a busy night! Such adorable little Black and Blue babies! Pics this afternoon once I get home from school (I'm subbing.)

9. Wow!
    "...like little racecar drivers,..."

Zoom zoom zoom, go chicks go!

[​IMG]
    Lisa​

10. heyeddah

heyeddah Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2008
    Milford Ct
    OOOH please post pictures. I have fifteen frizzles and fifteen ameraucanas from her hatching on Tuesday next week. I am so excited! I can't wait to see them, but I am glad to hear that yours are hatching!!!
    H

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by