1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Day 20..........I HEAR PEEPS!!! (UPDATE)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by magikchick, Nov 1, 2007.

1. magikchick

magikchick ~FEATHERFOOTED DIVA~

Apr 21, 2007
    SW Florida
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Still waiting and waiting and waiting, flashlight in hand.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2007
  2. crysmom

crysmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2007
    yeah how exciting, what are you hatching?

3. magikchick

Apr 21, 2007
    SW Florida
    I have silkie eggs from Sassy Silkies. Eight out of twelve still looking good.

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I go crosseyed at every hatch and my back hurts from bending over so much. Crossing fingers for you! [​IMG]

5. magikchick

Apr 21, 2007
    SW Florida
    It's 4 am I'm up for the third time tonight checking. I was adding water to keep the humidity up and did I just hear something. I froze held my breath, nothing. Continued adding water there it was again, I did hear something. I tapped the glass and peeped. Yes!!! I hear peeping.[​IMG]

6. magikchick

Apr 21, 2007
    SW Florida
    I just checked them and one is piping.[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Darn I wish I didn't have to go to work today.:thun

7. jenlynn4

jenlynn4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    PA
    [​IMG] YEA! Come on little babies! And pictures are definately in order when they hatch! LOL

8. Heidi

Heidi Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2007
    Northwest Michigan
    You have to go to work? Are you sure you don't feel a cold coming on? It wouldn't hurt to miss just one day would it? Hopefully they wait until you get home tonight so we can see lots of pics. [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 2, 2007
  9. marie_martin

marie_martin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    Congrats. I hope you get babies soon. I just took my Sassy eggs out of the turner this morning. Technically tonight starts day 18 on those but since my other batch seem to be pipping early, I figure it was best to go ahead and get that humidity going. I am so excited, and I know you are. Keep us posted.

Marie

10. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    Good Luck with the babies and take lots of pictures for us.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by