Day 20 later today...come on babies. anyone else?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by annrich, May 16, 2008.

1. annrich

annrich Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2007
    Western NY
    First hatch for me. Sitting on my hands waiting for a pip, a egg to roll. Something...... I have no finger nails left. DH won't let me chew on his. I got a cell phone call from him telling me to "stay away from the bator" Geez.. And how did he know? I have a bad cold so I am staying home. I have to stay busy.
    How did all of you sit still with your first hatch???????

2. PulletSurprise

PulletSurprise Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2008
    Salem OR
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Thats funny! I started my first batch yesterday and I find myself constantly going and checking on them. I'm actually not looking forward to the last day of wait. It's a good thing I'm putting my garden in and I have the other chickies to keep me entertained in this "nail biting" time [​IMG] Today is a great day to do a "deep" clean of the house for ya?! hmm keep you busy and not thinking of the eggs?? [​IMG]

3. equine chick

equine chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    Ann I'm also on day 20. I have done this before a couple of times but it is stil exciting.

4. 4boysmom

4boysmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2007
    I had a staggered hatch this last time & went several nights where I didn't sleep much - too much getting up to go check the progress....

5. Lanissa86

Lanissa86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    I am on Day 20! I am going out of my mind. This too is my very first time, and I have 1 pip so far, but anxiously awaiting for the other eggs to do something!! [​IMG] Keep me posted with your progress! [​IMG]

6. kinardmommy

kinardmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2008
    Texas
    I am on day 20 also and have one pip. This is my second hatch so I am much more relaxed than the first. It gets better. Good Luck!

7. Lanissa86

Lanissa86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    MY FIRST BABY HAS BEEN BORN!!! [​IMG] WOOT! [​IMG] What a cute little one! [​IMG] He is exhausted and drying out now. I also have 2 more pips! [​IMG] thats 5 Eggs with pips now! [​IMG] My bantam Polish egg is making little progress but I can still see the baby moving its tiny beak through the bator window! [​IMG] I'm SO HAPPY! [​IMG] 1 out and 13 more to go! [​IMG]

8. chickensista

chickensista Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2008
    CT
    Congrats! [​IMG] [​IMG]

I'm starting day 22 with my first hatch and its winding down, I think. 9 babies! I was pretty calm until they started to pip. It was driving me insane! I had a couple bumps, hope yours all make it out OK!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. annrich

annrich Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2007
    Western NY
    Quote:I am so jealous.......................
    Nothing yet not even a pip [​IMG]

10. chickensista

chickensista Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2008
    CT
    I am so jealous.......................
    Nothing yet not even a pip

Just keep telling yourself its better if they wait until day 21. [​IMG] Try watching a movie or something. And stop eyeing up your toenails. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by