Day 20 lockdown. No external pips.

Pics
Oct 18, 2017
Midway, Georgia USA
I am getting depressed now. I had ordered eggs online and before they came I gathered up a couple of barred rock eggs. I got fidgety about waiting for the silkie eggs to arrive and put the barred rock eggs in the incubator 3 days ahead of the silkie eggs. The 2 barred rock chicks hatched and are now happily eating in their own enclosure. The humidity is now at 75% (I have found WILDLY different humidity suggestions for lockdown...still not sure what is the correct percentage for humidity) Its now the night of day 20 of lockdown and I see no external pips. The two barred rocks hatched right after the Georgia/Bama game. I am starting to worry.... No pips at the night of day 20. :(

My barred rocks are cute as a button though. One has a much more yellow belly than the other one and they like having their bellies rubbed.
barredrock.png

The last time I hatched eggs one of the eggs started pipping at day 20 and all of the rest were pipping day 21 and hatching day 22. I am sure a some will start pipping tommorow. If not it is perfectly normal, people have told me their eggs didn't start till day 24. Please keep us updated and tell us. 75% of humidity should be fine, mine was 74 and everything turned out fine.

Nothing this morning... :( humidity was down to 60 % so I added a shotglass and a half of real hot water to trays and some on the paper towel in the corner.
Don’t worry! I’m sure you’ll get some more chicks! Many chicks are just late hatchers and are a few days late. You may get some chicks pipping today or tonight! Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom