Day 20 need reassurance

Somshine

Chirping
Aug 14, 2022
So it's my second hatch. Day 20. It's actually been smoother so far and only removed one out of the 22 as of day 18. I've got two or three with question marks but the first time my question mark egg hatched. Last time it was such a bowling fest that this time I put some of that soft rubbery stuff that you put in cabinets or under carpets for grip in there. Definitely keeps them from rocking. But now I'm thinking by last time I was seeing rocking. Fingers crossed. The only thing I did different was candle on day 18 and mark air cells on top of removing the turner. Had them out for about 10 minutes now I'm terrified I ruined everything.

Everything looked so good on day 18. I did put two layers of that stuff down. Last time my eggs would rock if I had to just move the incubator a little bit to get a look in the back. They barely wiggle when I do it now. But the stillness on day 20 is driving me crazy. Now I'm thinking why didn't I just remove the turner and put the lid back on.

Everything looked so good on day 18. I did put two layers of that stuff down. Last time my eggs would rock if I had to just move the incubator a little bit to get a look in the back. They barely wiggle when I do it now. But the stillness on day 20 is driving me crazy. Now I'm thinking why didn't I just remove the turner and put the lid back on.
They'll be fine, don't worry.
it's normal for to first chick to knocks egg around, its usually not a problem.

Last time I had one that had a little bit of blood around its pip like it might have hit a vein when it pipped. But it was still fine and moving around in there and I figured it would rest a while in the vein would dry. Until about six of them were hatched and it was getting kicked around like crazy. It died. That was why I put the soft stuff in there this time. I felt like if it could have been left alone for a while it would have been okay.

Still waiting for something. Keeping myself busy reading through all the other posts. A lot of them have no outcome. Probably need to find something else to do 🤣 is 12:30 too early for wine?

I set on Saturday. Tomorrow is hatch day. But last time by today I had some rocking in the morning. Not sure I'd see it because of my liners I put in there. At some point I heard peeping and by the end of day 20 I had five pips. Not at all in the danger zone. I started this one an hour earlier than the last one so if I could just hear a peep or something... I just need to see something going on 😖

I think if I hadn't pulled them all out to put my cushioning down candle and draw air cells I wouldn't be freaking out right now. Didn't help that while I was doing it my husband was like you're going to kill them all. I said I've done a lot of reading in 10 minutes should be fine... Now I'm sweating it. Could have been 12 minutes. But no more than that. Got about a third of the way through before it dawned on me I may not be setting them down on the same side as when I pick them up so I started doing that...

Back
Top Bottom