Day 20......nervous.......

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by K7 Menagerie, Jul 9, 2008.

1. K7 Menagerie

K7 Menagerie Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2008
    Bend, OR
    I have silver Polish eggs on Day 20. I'm nervous because I haven't heard ANY peeping, and no movement since day 18. My last batch of EE were a zero hatch, and I cried [​IMG]

Please send me good hatching vibes! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    LG still air bator, numbers are temp at bottom of bator, then at the top of the egg, then the humidity.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2008
  2. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    sending good hatching vibes your way ......... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Good luck!
    Krista

3. K7 Menagerie

K7 Menagerie Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2008
    Bend, OR
    Should I worry that I have no peeping or movement? Or are they resting up for the pipping and zipping? C'mon everyone, I'm stressing out here......

4. Solsken Farm

Solsken Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Awww. I am sorry about your first hatch. [​IMG] This one has to be better. I'm doing this for you. [​IMG]

5. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    With my first hatch, they didn't peep at all until they pipped, and I had the bator sitting next to my dining room chair, so I would have heard it. They also didn't move until day 21, a few hours before they pipped, probably four or so hours. I wouldn't worry, not like it's day 21 yet [​IMG] I freak out everytime too, no matter what I tell myself [​IMG] . Go find something to do, gotta be something to take your mind of the eggs for a while. I bet it will be sometime tonight, as you are getting ready for bed you will probably get a pip, just in time so you can get absolutely no sleep at all.
    Good luck!

Krista

6. TerriLaChicks

TerriLaChicks Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    I'm on Day 16 with Polish eggs & all of my first hatch failed too--down to 8 but I know they are alive & kicking so keeping all the fingers & toes crossed here
    and sending good hatching vibes your way as well!!

7. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I have 8 pipped out of 18 on Day 21 and I have heard not one peep from anyone in there. You don't always hear them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by