Day 20 - no activity - should i hear peeps or something?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by DangerChickenHouse, Feb 4, 2012.

1. DangerChickenHouse

DangerChickenHouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2011
    Charlotte, NC
    no rocking either. very still eggs.

i thought read somewhere on here that i will hear little chirps before they start to rock or zip. did i make that up?

2. spikennipper

spikennipper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2009
    Kent, UK.
    You still have one day to go! if there was nothing on day 21 then I would be worried [​IMG] I usually see rocking first from day 18 as the chick gets into hatching position but they don't rock constantly and they can stay still for a long time too so you may not be looking at the right time, the cheeping usually comes later once the chick has accessed the aircell this may happen on day 20, usually in the night! I don't usually hear cheeping until the external shell has been pipped, if you know your temps and humidity have been stable and you have candelled ok up till this stage I'd sit tight, are they shipped eggs or your own?

3. DangerChickenHouse

Jun 30, 2011
    Charlotte, NC
    They are my own eggs. We re-homed our rooster, so this is a one time chance thing for us. Wish me luck!

4. Kelly G

Kelly G It's like herding cats!

Yeah....I wouldn't worry at all. I wouldn't even get worried until day 22. If your temps ran even a little low, it can affect the hatch date.

Good luck - but I bet everything will be fine :)

5. DangerChickenHouse

Jun 30, 2011
    Charlotte, NC
    Night of Day 20 - still nothing!

I'm starting to worry!

6. cva34

cva34 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2011
    Van Vleck ,TX
    Many people can.t hear that well .Me included ! My wife and grand kids can hear them ,not me...cva34

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by