day 20 on eggs from bugladyleah and therealsilkiechick UPDATE:HATCHING

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by NewChickenMom, Jul 14, 2008.

1. NewChickenMom

NewChickenMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2008
    Omaha, NE
    anyone else on day 20?

i have:
    3 frizzle/cochin and 5 silkie eggs from bugladyleah
    4 partridge showgirls from therealsilkiechick
    2 of my own silkie eggs (grey/white)

i'm very excited for all of these eggs!! i can't wait for them to hatch, i hope they are quick hatchers because i'm going crazy waiting for them!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 16, 2008
  2. ginbart

ginbart Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    I'M ON DAY 18, I'M ON DAY18. I am hatching these eggs for someone else and I'm hoping so bad they all hatch for her. I don't even know what kind they are. [​IMG]

I know I have 20 good ones for her. [​IMG]

3. NewChickenMom

May 16, 2008
    Omaha, NE
    i've been checking the eggs for pips every 5 minutes... i think i'll feel better once i get at least one pip, everytime i worry that none of them will hatch and then all of them do!! i think this is the worst day for waiting for chicks, you're so close, but not quite there yet... [​IMG] hatch please!!

4. ginbart

ginbart Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    I know what you mean. But then I am now waiting for me hens to lay and that takes forever.

5. NewChickenMom

May 16, 2008
    Omaha, NE
    day 19 and still no pips...my last set of silkies pipped on day 18. i'm so impatient!!

gin, i know what you mean! i also have two pullet that should be laying anytime, one is a standard barred rock and one is a red pyle OEGB.

6. revelu

revelu Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2008
    Midland, MI
    I know exactly how you feel, I'm on day 20 and nothing yet--:eek:

7. MrsCountryChick

MrsCountryChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    PA
    Yea don't they know we have Calendars & Clocks out here [​IMG] & get impatient waiting [​IMG]

8. NewChickenMom

May 16, 2008
    Omaha, NE
    STILL NOTHING!! c'mon chickies lets go!!! i quickly candled one and saw it had internally pipped and was moving around. quit keeping me waiting!! it's rude!

9. NewChickenMom

May 16, 2008
    Omaha, NE
    day 20 begins with no action... i'm starting to lose it!! i'm very tempted to mess with one of the eggs... i've never waited this long for eggs, even the seramas were hatched by day 20

10. NewChickenMom

May 16, 2008
    Omaha, NE
    [​IMG] i spoke too soon!! i went out and fed the farm and when i came back in to check the eggs, i have not 1, but 2 pips!!! one of the frizzle eggs and one of the silkies!! YEAH!! my fears are relieved!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by