day 20 temp increased to 100.5 - UPDATE!!!! THEY ARE HATCHING

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by opihiman911, Feb 15, 2008.

1. opihiman911

opihiman911 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2007
    I have been having a very good incubation going on with this current batch of jumbo barred rock eggs. For the last 19 days the temps have been very stable between 99.3 & 99.7 in a water wiggler. After I removed them from the turner and increased the humidity, I checked my temps and they stayed stable at 99.4-99.6. Today is day 20 and I woke up and checked the temp and it was 100.5!!! I've checked it over the last couple hours and it has stayed 100.3-100.5
    Why has the temp suddenly changed to the upside? In past hatches I have had the temps drop when I removed the turner and had to bump them up a little.
    I just checked the bator again and I have 1 egg that has pipped and another is rocking [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]. The temp is 100.4, humidity 77%.
    Should I try and lower the temps? or just let it go since they are starting to hatch?

Aloha,
    Cory

Last edited: Feb 15, 2008
  2. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    Leave the temps. I think its the babies body temps or something. The temps are fine. I had a great hatch with the temp being over 100.5

3. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Do not mess with your temps.....

4. opihiman911

opihiman911 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2007
    I left them alone, its been 100.4-6 Two of the chicks are out in less then an hour. I have 3 more pipping.
    WOOHOO!!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    This is the first hatch that happens during the day when I'm home. Get to watch it start to finish. Out of 9 growing eggs on day 18, So far 2 are out, 3 pipped, 1 with a hairline crack that is rocking......50% so far, better that any other mailed batched I've done.
    Where's the camera, DD better not have it with her......I'll get some pics somehow [​IMG]:weee:weee:weee:weee:weee

Aloha,
    Cory

5. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    I really cant wait to see pics. Let us know how the other babies are

6. Barnyard

Barnyard Addicted to Quack

Aug 5, 2007
    Southwest Georgia
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Congrat's! I agree with everyone else, leave the temp alone you should be fine!!

7. Kaneke

Kaneke Chillin' With My Peeps

hana hou !!! moa !!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by