Day 20, they're hatching!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by KinderKorner, Jun 11, 2009.

1. KinderKorner

KinderKorner Songster

Mar 8, 2009
    Southern Illinois
    The last two batches of eggs I only got 1 chick out of 30. I kept having humidity problems.

Well I'm trying again, and today is day 18, I just added a sponge.

So far no peeping or rocking. Although there is a brooder with chicks making noise in the same room so it may be hard to tell.

I'm hoping for at least a 50% hatch rate. Gosh. When I first started I got 75%+ now I get one stinken chick.

Well anyway, I will keep you updated. No pips, or peeps yet.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 13, 2009
  2. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    Maine
    Good luck! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. kandyg_99

kandyg_99 Songster

Sep 24, 2008
    Colorado
    It's okay I'm on day 20 today and finally woke up to pips in 5 eggs so give it time it's early yet.Mine didn't do anything on day 18...

4. jransmith

jransmith In the Brooder

I'm on day 18 today. So one day behind you. Last night as I was turning them for the last time I dropped one and it cracked. [​IMG] Doesn't look like it rupture the membrane so I left it in there. So wish me luck. [​IMG] I have 30 eggs due to hatch 6/14-15.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2009
  5. SunshineSilkies

SunshineSilkies Songster

Jan 10, 2009
    Florida
    Good luck with your hatch!!!!![​IMG]

6. KinderKorner

KinderKorner Songster

Mar 8, 2009
    Southern Illinois
    Day 19, still nothing.

I am still fighting with myself at what humidity to keep it at. Some say 55% some say 65%. Gr. I can't decide.

Oh no! Poor chickie. I will be praying for your little bird Jransmith. Hopefully it is okay.

Thanks for all the encouragement.

PS. Sunshinesilkes

Our babies are doing good. Sweet little things. I have one that is especially tame. [​IMG] Got to love 'her'

7. KinderKorner

KinderKorner Songster

Mar 8, 2009
    Southern Illinois
    OMG! I can't believe it!

I checked the bator an hour ago, not a single movement. It's now 2 am in the morning. I check again, cause I was hearing alot of noise but thought it was my brooder chicks.

And TWO chicks are out, and at least 5 more pipping! How egg-citing! I can't believe it.

I may actually get a good hatch this time! [​IMG]

Man, these little guys are quick. Usually they take more than a day to hatch out, but these little power houses are working full speed and getting out quick! I can't wait to wake up to a bunch of little chicks!

8. jransmith

jransmith In the Brooder

The one I dropped has a pip! Woo Hoo! And I have one that has hatched. 29 to go......

9. KinderKorner

KinderKorner Songster

Mar 8, 2009
    Southern Illinois
    5 chicks out.

One pipped last night but hasn't went any future, I think it died.

10. mom2chicksandpups

mom2chicksandpups Songster

Apr 18, 2009
    Southeast Alabama
    I'm only a little bit behind you. I'm on day 18 with my 1st set of eggs ever and there is definitely movement in them. I candled them a few days ago and it was easy to see the chicks moving in them. One of them is moving very slightly in the incubator now. I figure that will be my first one to hatch. (I hope.)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: