Day 20! ***UPDATE! #2 We have a baby!!! PIC!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by CarriBrown, Nov 29, 2007.

1. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Crowing

Tomorrow's the day! Gwen has been on her babies for almost three weeks now... She's grouchy as ever! [​IMG]
    Cross your fingers, everyone! Hopefully, Gwen will be a first time momma this time tomorrow! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 30, 2007
  2. DrumStick

DrumStick Songster

Oct 13, 2007
    I'm crossing my fingers. [​IMG] What kind of chicks are you raising carribrown? Is that a silkie?

Last edited: Nov 29, 2007
  3. Blisschick

Blisschick not rusty

Feb 20, 2007
    Shepherd, Texas
    Carrie, she's gorgeous!! Is she mated with another silkie?

4. homecatmom

homecatmom Songster

Carri, I hope the rain we are supposed to get holds off till Gwen hatches all the babies. Are you going to have her brood them or take them inside? I really enjoy new fuzzy butts! [​IMG]
    Cathy

5. skeeter9

skeeter9 Songster

Yay!!! New babies on the way!!! [​IMG]

Best of luck and keep us posted - if you can tear yourself away from Gwen long enough, that is!!!

Lori

6. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Good luck with the hatch. [​IMG]
    Go Gwen! [​IMG]

7. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude

Go, Miss Gwen! [​IMG]

8. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Good luck with your hatch....I'll be there again in a few days too.

9. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Crowing

Gwen is actually a surrogate (read: crazy broody). She has three eggs and I'm hoping they hatch because she wasn't very good the first couple days!
    Homecatmom- Gwen is actually in the house. She's taken over the office. I'm on the laptop now, but when I'm on the desktop, I feel beady little Silkie eyes burning in the back of my head! [​IMG]

10. Blisschick

Blisschick not rusty

Feb 20, 2007
    Shepherd, Texas
    My daughter says she needs a Gwen. I told her that I didn't know if you had the means to produce other little Gwens, but that I would ask. I already have bought eggs from Jen today for some black/blue/cuckoo silkies, but Sarah thinks we need buff ones too. She needs a chicken to cuddle now since Little Buddy discovered he was a chicken. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: