Day 20! ***UPDATE! #2 We have a baby!!! PIC!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by CarriBrown, Nov 29, 2007.

1. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Tomorrow's the day! Gwen has been on her babies for almost three weeks now... She's grouchy as ever! [​IMG]
    Cross your fingers, everyone! Hopefully, Gwen will be a first time momma this time tomorrow! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 30, 2007
  2. DrumStick

DrumStick Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2007
    I'm crossing my fingers. [​IMG] What kind of chicks are you raising carribrown? Is that a silkie?

Last edited: Nov 29, 2007
  3. Blisschick

Blisschick not rusty

Feb 20, 2007
    Shepherd, Texas
    Carrie, she's gorgeous!! Is she mated with another silkie?

4. homecatmom

homecatmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Carri, I hope the rain we are supposed to get holds off till Gwen hatches all the babies. Are you going to have her brood them or take them inside? I really enjoy new fuzzy butts! [​IMG]
    Cathy

5. skeeter9

skeeter9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Yay!!! New babies on the way!!! [​IMG]

Best of luck and keep us posted - if you can tear yourself away from Gwen long enough, that is!!!

Lori

6. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Good luck with the hatch. [​IMG]
    Go Gwen! [​IMG]

7. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Go, Miss Gwen! [​IMG]

8. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Good luck with your hatch....I'll be there again in a few days too.

9. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Gwen is actually a surrogate (read: crazy broody). She has three eggs and I'm hoping they hatch because she wasn't very good the first couple days!
    Homecatmom- Gwen is actually in the house. She's taken over the office. I'm on the laptop now, but when I'm on the desktop, I feel beady little Silkie eyes burning in the back of my head! [​IMG]

10. Blisschick

Blisschick not rusty

Feb 20, 2007
    Shepherd, Texas
    My daughter says she needs a Gwen. I told her that I didn't know if you had the means to produce other little Gwens, but that I would ask. I already have bought eggs from Jen today for some black/blue/cuckoo silkies, but Sarah thinks we need buff ones too. She needs a chicken to cuddle now since Little Buddy discovered he was a chicken. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by