Day 20 with our new Ebay-tor

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by JoshnAmiee, Mar 17, 2015.

1. JoshnAmiee

JoshnAmiee In the Brooder

Mar 10, 2014
    Tacoma, WA
    [​IMG]
    Well, we bought a eBay incubator... Janoel knockoff I believe. I must be lucky as I have no complaints. Even the instructions were good. Even got a auto turner too. Here we sit, as stated, at Day 20. Someone decided to pip early, and at the wrong end. It is breathing fine, and I will periodically ensure the membrane stays moist, while avoiding the nostrils. Is there any other advice we should follow?

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015

2. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Crowing

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Do not open the incubator - it puts the rest of your hatch at risk. Hard as it is, sit on your hands into your hatch is over. Good luck!

3. JoshnAmiee

Mar 10, 2014
    Tacoma, WA
    Will do.. thank you for your fast response

4. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Crowing

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Keep us posted :)

5. JoshnAmiee

Mar 10, 2014
    Tacoma, WA
    We woke up this morning and the lil one wasn't breathing or moving. Eggtopsy revealed a shrink wrapped membrane. But, on a good note, two others had hatched out and were destroying the coffee filters separators, so off to the brooder. [​IMG][/IMG][​IMG]

6. JoshnAmiee

Mar 10, 2014
    Tacoma, WA
    Ps they are a barnyard mutt mix... CM Roo over either: BSL, PBR, EE, BA or BO

7. JoshnAmiee

Mar 10, 2014
    Tacoma, WA
    Well, here we are.. 4 of the 6 made the hatch... 24 more a week behind these guys! With out further adu I give you our BCM over Mottled Houdan, and three other mongrels. The last one has a smurf bandaid treating spraddle leg. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by