Day 20

19marvinn

Chirping
Jul 1, 2015
Hi. It's day 20 of incubation and I'm currently dying of anticipation. I'm concerned though because I don't have any peeping, pipping, wiggling, or any signs of hatching except when I candled them, everything looked good. Does anyone have any ideas what's going on?

Any help is very appreciated
Thanks,
Molly

I know that feeling all too well! I would just check to see if the conditions in the incubator are right and find something to take your mind off of it. Mine pipped on day 22 and hatched on day 23. What kind of incubator do you have?

I know that feeling all too well! I would just check to see if the conditions in the incubator are right and find something to take your mind off of it. Mine pipped on day 22 and hatched on day 23. What kind of incubator do you have?
I'm using a Yosoo 10 Chicken Eggs Mini LED Digital Incubator Poultry Hatcher Fan Temperature. I've kept the humidity around 45% during days 1-17. Then day 18, I increased it to 70%. Its been at a constant temperature of 100f.

Last edited:
I'm using a [COLOR=C45500]Yosoo 10 Chicken Eggs Mini LED Digital Incubator Poultry Hatcher Fan Temperature[/COLOR]. I've kept the humidity around 45% during days 1-17. Then day 18, I increased it to 70%. Its been at a constant temperature of 100f. 
From what I've read from researching about my own hatch this past week, it's not something major to worry about. However if the temperature and humidity was consistent you will most likely see pips today
1f60a.png
. If not, another thing I can think of is if you are counting the day that you set them. I have also learned not to do that, especially if they are not set in the early morning. Hope that helps
1f423.png

From what I've read from researching about my own hatch this past week, it's not something major to worry about. However if the temperature and humidity was consistent you will most likely see pips today
1f60a.png
. If not, another thing I can think of is if you are counting the day that you set them. I have also learned not to do that, especially if they are not set in the early morning. Hope that helps
1f423.png

I learned about the day counting thing halfway through my hatch and adjusted accordingly. I'm just so nervous. Thanks for the support! I feel like and expecting mother.

I learned about the day counting thing halfway through my hatch and adjusted accordingly. I'm just so nervous. Thanks for the support! I feel like and expecting mother.
I felt the same! I was losing sleep over it and then I'd wake up in the wee hours of the morning and start researching things... I hope things go well for you and the babies. Let me know what happens.
1f60a.png

Molly, It will be good to hear how your hatch goes. I'm about 4 days behind you and have 36 in my incubator.
I've watched them daily and watered the incubator diligently. We have been more relaxed about the hatch then
is recommended on this forum, but we hatched chicks with the kids in a tiny incubator run off a lightbulb
and everything was fine, so our hope is that a more complex incubator with an automatic turner will certainly be as
successful. We shall see.

Keep posting as they begin to hatch. With today being 17, I awakened this morning hoping to hear pipping
good to know that may not happen for another several days.
Chri

Molly, It will be good to hear how your hatch goes. I'm about 4 days behind you and have 36 in my incubator. I've watched them daily and watered the incubator diligently. We have been more relaxed about the hatch then is recommended on this forum, but we hatched chicks with the kids in a tiny incubator run off a lightbulb and everything was fine, so our hope is that a more complex incubator with an automatic turner will certainly be as successful. We shall see. Keep posting as they begin to hatch. With today being 17, I awakened this morning hoping to hear pipping good to know that may not happen for another several days. Chri

I certainly will keep you updated! :)

Congrats on the start of your hatch, hope all goes well. I'm also on day 20 as you were when you started this thread, and I'm not seeing any signs of movement either. Hoping to see a good hatch on day 21 as it seems you are.

Back
Top Bottom