Day 20

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by kburen, May 27, 2008.

1. kburen

kburen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    So today's day 20.....The waiting game is getting harder! The kids are so excited they don't know what to do. I've convinced them to work REALLY quiet (ok...as quiet as 15 5/6 year olds can!) so that they can listen for little peeps to see if/when our babies are getting ready to make their entrance into the world! No noises or movement yet....we'll see!

Waiting on the 4H lady to come back and bring the light back so that I can candle my newer eggs (today makes day 7 for them) to see if they have veins or are even fertile (the man has a rooster and thinks they are, but couldn't promise anything).

2. mamaboyd

mamaboyd Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2007
    Kendal.Ontario,Canada
    Sending good hatching vibes!! [​IMG]

3. kburen

May 19, 2008
    Morning of Day 21....nothing yet. The other teacher has one or 2 peeping...but no pips that we can see. Mine are just as quiet as can be.....I've been talking to them since I got it....."Peep-peep...it's ok....the kids aren't here yet...you can come out now peep-peep" [​IMG] "peep-peep-peep, we really want to see you hatch and if you don't hatch until tomorrow we'll miss it....peep-peep-peep" (tomorrow's field day so we'll be outside all day!) I'll get the kids to peep at them quietly this morning and tell them to come out [​IMG]

4. Jubaby

Jubaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2008
    West Texas
    I'll send some good hatching vibes your way. I hope they come soon!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. kburen

May 19, 2008
    Still nothing from my eggs...but downstairs were peeping like crazy at lunch time!!! Still no pips....just lots of peeps!

6. kburen

May 19, 2008
    Downstairs Kinder class has a pip! I think 2, but only one is clearly a pip and big enough to tell. That on is on a white leghorn (??) egg and the possible one is on a bantam...it looks like there's just a flake of shell in the shape of a tiny diamond missing. Hopefully mine'll get a move on soon!

7. kburen

May 19, 2008
    So today is day 22......downstairs had 3 chicks this morning and 1 or 2 more pips (I can't remember). I had 1 pip this morning. Now, 4 hours later, I'm not sure about downstairs, but I still only have the pip....there looks like there has been a little progression, but not a lot. We'll see....fingers are still crossed!

8. Jubaby

Jubaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2008
    West Texas
    I'm glad you have a pip. Hope all goes well.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by