Day 21/22... still nothing!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by daniellenoel, May 11, 2010.

1. daniellenoel

daniellenoel Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Vail Colorado
    We are on day 21/22 not sure which day you start count- from the day you set eggs or the next day.
    Anyways, I do see a few eggs moving a little but sometimes I feel like my eyes are playing tricks on me
    How long do you wait and how long can they take to start to pip and hatch???
    all eggs had good movement before lockdown, we saw chicks inside.. now I am wondering what is going on?
    Are they stuck or just taking a while
    I am doing this with my second grade class and hping for at least one or two chicks..
    gosh this is not fun to wait
    Humidity and temp are 99.6 and 45%
    Any suggestions on how to get them started?? Just wait??
    Thanks

2. monarchcmj

monarchcmj Out Of The Brooder

Mar 28, 2009
    NH
    Are you doing dry incubation? If not, your humidity level is quite low. It should be around 50% for days 1-18 and 65% or so after that. Your temp looks perfect.

3. daniellenoel

Apr 22, 2009
    Vail Colorado
    oops. I meant 65%

4. crazy4hens

crazy4hens Out Of The Brooder

Mar 31, 2010
    Marathon, Wi
    HI I am going on day 21 tonight and had 3 pip this morning. One is out and another a Black copper maran, who is taking a while but I guess it does and the shells are much bigger. I had another pip in the am and nothing else.....I have my humidity at 64-68. Seems to be working.....

I have more eggs to go, crossing our fingers, its our first hatch:jumpy

Tracy

5. daniellenoel

Apr 22, 2009
    Vail Colorado
    a pip is when they make their first start of a hole??? The one that is moving around the most is they biggest and darkest of them all, but NO PIPS!!! ugh..
    humidity is good, temp is good
    I think I may have started lockdown a day early b.c I was counting from the day we set the eggs not the next day. Would that affect anything?
    I couldn't get the humidity above 55%-59% the first day and it stayed at 55% until the 2nd day, now it has been a steady 65% since then
    Thanks

6. crazy4hens

crazy4hens Out Of The Brooder

Mar 31, 2010
    Marathon, Wi
    I have 3 out of eggs, and we are at the start of day 21, Im sure u will see something soon:))

Tracy

7. missred871

missred871 Eggxhausted Momma

May 5, 2010
    Perry GA
    Dont feel bad I am hen hatching and I am at day 24 for quail and bantys. [​IMG] BUT I candled them last night and all is well so.....We shall see should get something in the next 36 or so hours

8. lulu2

lulu2 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 26, 2010
    I am on the same day, having the same questions and about ready to pull my hair out! Please keep us posted! I have been reading some of the other posts and it looks like it could take up to 25 days. I also read not to open it, no matter what......EEEEEKKKK!

9. kayzar12

kayzar12 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 3, 2010
    hi,

I'm on day 21 also. I used the egg carton method this time and I'm very concerned that they are not hatching.

I usually use a turner or hand turn. This maybe a very expensive lesson for me and a heartbreaker.

I usually have pips or chirping or something going on but nothing. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by