Day 21.5 and nothing.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by TinyLittleFarm, Mar 15, 2011.

1. TinyLittleFarm

TinyLittleFarm Songster

Mar 8, 2010
    Wisconsin
    Our first time incubating. It's kind of a test run for DD's science fair project. We set 6 eggs. Two ended up being duds. Two other showed nothing but blood rings at about day 12. That left us with two that showed good development. We saw movement up to day 17. Day 21 was last night at 6:30. There's no rocking or chirping.

I'm using a borrowed LG still air. Humidity for lockdown has been stead at 65 and temperature has been between 100-102 with one short spike to 104.

I'm sure there is still hope, but should I do anything? At what point do I give up? [​IMG]

2. nivtup

nivtup Songster

Apr 24, 2008
    Shelton Washington
    Keep going for another couple of days.

3. bockbock2008

bockbock2008 Why do they call me crazy??

Dec 30, 2008
    Southwest Indiana
    I'm assuming these are chicken eggs? Your temps have been a little high. They should be held as close as possible to 99.5 You don't need to do anything just give them a little more time. [​IMG]

4. TinyLittleFarm

TinyLittleFarm Songster

Mar 8, 2010
    Wisconsin
    Since this is a still air incubator, my understanding is that the temps need to be a just a bit higher.

And yes, chicken eggs. EE mom with a Light Brahma dad.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2011
  5. sheila3935

sheila3935 Songster

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    let it go til day 25 then float test. If no movement then you can eggtopsy or pitch. I have one that i dont see movement its day 24 later this afternoon I will try the flost test but most of this hatch hatched day 23

6. milakegrl

milakegrl Chirping

Jan 19, 2011
    UP of MI
    I just candled four day 18 eggs and I'm slightly worried. They still have veins (kinda dark shelled so I don't see movement) and good air cells. I was expecting a solid dark egg except for the air cell, there is still some space at the pointy end (in the two I can see in).....normal? I know they still have a couple days to go so I'm really hoping. Also, one egg (again, veined and good air cell!) has a bit of crusty stuff on the side - looks like dried ooze, just a little and does not smell at all. THOUGHTS????

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: