DAY 21~~~ 8 Hatched, 1 dead, 5 more??? NEW PIC's!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by pamperedpoultry, Feb 4, 2009.

1. pamperedpoultry

pamperedpoultry CHICKENFIED

[​IMG]

Well here goes my first attempt of hatching this year. Its a still air incubator so my hatch rate varies. Anyhows I just put 27 eggs in the ol bator.
    1 brown/red OEGB
    1 self bule OEGB
    8 OEGB mixed colors
    9 Spangled OEGB
    1 Barred Rock
    7 Japanese black tails/ Brown leghorn Mixes [​IMG]

Ive had the spangles since last year and I never have gotten a fertile egg either the rooster with them is too young or not fertile. so lets hope he's did his thang this year [​IMG]

The OEGB Brown red and self blue..just got them and thats their first eggs so who knows

Barred rock started layin and quit....but I hatced eggs from them last year

the OEGB mixes I got from the swap

and the Japanese and Brown leghorns... Im just curious what kinda mess that'll be. I have 4 pairs of japs in with a Brown leghorn bantam rooster (ROMEO) they are last summers babies. so they could be the Romeo's or the other 3 jap roosters that are in with them..this is their first eggs so lets [​IMG]

Ya'll wish me luck... fill free to post your batches [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 25, 2009
  2. shortcake1806

shortcake1806 Sassy McSassington

Sep 11, 2007
    Sounds like you've got some neat mixes. Hope you have a great hatch.

3. pamperedpoultry

Thanks! I hope so too!!

4. Bock_Bock

Bock_Bock Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2008
    Hayward, Ca
    good hatching vibes being sent your way

5. pamperedpoultry

I'll take all them I can get..Thanks

6. Bock_Bock

Dec 13, 2008
    Hayward, Ca
    your welcome no prob as mine are due to hatch sunday i cant wait

7. pamperedpoultry

Oh really!! you'll have to tell me how it goes then...what all have you got set??

8. Bock_Bock

Dec 13, 2008
    Hayward, Ca
    i got alot in there lol i got silkies nn glw bjg nns some duck eggs some ee eggs some muts so brahamas and more some serams alot will be mutt eggs but some will be pure i cant wait lol i started with 52 then 8 were infertile the rest started to develop but as i candled last night 3 of them looked to stop but i was not sure

edited to add that i also got some rir nhr and br in there along with some sex links lol

Last edited: Feb 4, 2009
  9. pamperedpoultry

Thats a great mix!! I'm not sure how many of mine will be fertile we'll keep our fingers crossed most of these are young hens

10. Bock_Bock

Dec 13, 2008
    Hayward, Ca
    none of these eggs were my own i got them from 2 diffrent people i got a bunch of jersey giants from this one girl but 6 of them were not fertile [​IMG] but i think i have atleast 1 left maybe 2 but we will see i mean if i can get atleast 40 of these 44 to hatch i would be so happy, just as long as you have 2 that are fertile would be good enough for me lol i just wouldnt want a chick growing up by itself

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by