Day 21 & a lot of chirping

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by GraceHomestead, Jan 28, 2017.

1. GraceHomestead

GraceHomestead Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2016
    Hello everyone,
    This is our first incubation!! We have learned so much and I have been reading reading and reading about the process.
    Today is day 21 of incubation of our chicken eggs.
    There is 9 eggs that have developed great with nice air cells.
    Tonight when I got home the humidity was at 35% :O
    I added water and sprayed the eggs and noticed one has pipped. I can also hear LOTS of chirping!!
    The humidity is now 65% and still hearing the chirping.
    Will the chicks chirp before pipping?
    Are they going to be ok with the humidity dropping like that for who knows how long?!?! Ugh so worried!!
    [VIDEO]

2. br0nc0

br0nc0 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 14, 2017
    Slovenia
    I guess you shouldn't worry too much, chirping is normal and if the humidity was low for less than a day you should be fine, not much you can change now anyway. Just give them some time, they might get tired and rest a bit during hatching so it can take a while. Hope you get a great hatch!

3. GraceHomestead

Jun 21, 2016
    I woke up this morning to 3 eggs pipped 2 are tiny but one has a bigger hole is that ok?

4. GraceHomestead

Jun 21, 2016
    Ok 6 have pipped and 1 has hatched!!! I couldnt see if that one had pipped walked into the other room and heard LOUD chirping and boom one of the back ones had hatched!!! Very exciting!!!!
    [​IMG]

5. br0nc0

Jan 14, 2017
    Slovenia
    They seem to be doing pretty well, some make a big hole, some barely break the shell and some take a whole day to get out after they piped. Lookin' good :D

6. GraceHomestead

Jun 21, 2016
    Ok so 4 hatched back to back pretty easily! 5 & 6 pipped later and hatched. 7 has been pipped since 5:30 this morning and is breech. And 8 and 9 have just pipped!!! The last 3 have me on pins and needles!!

7. GraceHomestead

Jun 21, 2016
    LL 9 of my eggs have hatched!!
    #8 & 9 were shrinkwrapped so after carefully peeling the membraine off their heads and wing they were able to hatch on their own.

8. br0nc0

Jan 14, 2017
    Slovenia
    Great news! have fun with your chicks :D

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
  9. bk15

bk15 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2016
    What kind of bator did u use!!!???? Sounds like your having a good hatch rate!!!![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

10. GraceHomestead

Jun 21, 2016
    A friend of ours said we could use his incubator if I could fix it! It is a little giant still air incubator. It was missing part of its side so I had to cut out and fix with a styrofoam cooler and gorilla glue but it has done pretty good!! It did have an egg turner but the motor went out half way through so we just took the motor off and turned them by hand.
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by