Day 21 again........Almost Day 23 now

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by mmajw, Jun 14, 2008.

1. mmajw

mmajw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Maine
    [​IMG] Ok I am on Day 21 again. As some of you may remember a week or so ago I was on Day 21 then 22 then 23 then 24 and finally realized they didnt grow at all. In a seperate bator I had these eggs going as well.

So, here I am on Day 21 and I am nervous that I will have nothing again. No pips yet.

[​IMG]

Don't really think I have any questions just needed to vent the fact that I am frightened that once again they won't hatch for us. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 15, 2008
  2. Mycookoonest

Mycookoonest Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2008
    Hudson Valley NY
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

3. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    is it possible for you to get another rooster so that you will have 2?
    when my uncle started off having chickens years ago he had alot of hen and one rooster and everytime he incubated 20 or more eggs only 2 or 3 or none would hatch..later found out with so many hens and only one rooster all the eggs weren't getting fertile or it was ( weak ) not enough or something i forgot..lol

4. love-my-wolves

love-my-wolves Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Front Royal, VA
    I'm on 22 days with my 1 remaining egg. [​IMG] I'm sending you the strongest hatching vibes I can!!! Let us know!!

5. mmajw

Jan 31, 2008
    Maine
    Quote:Well actually my Roo is kept seperate from the hens. He likes to have his own area and the ladies were really get beat on. These eggs I bought from someone at a Poultry show actaully a fellow BYC'er.

That is a good idea though. I am actually going to start selling Buff Orpington fertile eggs in the fall because I think I have a Roo and hen in my bunch of 1 month olds now and they will be kept seperate as well.

6. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    Quote:Well actually my Roo is kept seperate from the hens. He likes to have his own area and the ladies were really get beat on. These eggs I bought from someone at a Poultry show actaully a fellow BYC'er.

That is a good idea though. I am actually going to start selling Buff Orpington fertile eggs in the fall because I think I have a Roo and hen in my bunch of 1 month olds now and they will be kept seperate as well.

Oooh ok i see yea some roo's are like that. my first roo was like that but after he seen i took all his hens away he got lonely and started to be nice..lol... an yea i like to at least keep 2 roo's with 10 or more hen it keeps the fertile rate high for the eggs..

Good Luck with your hatch [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 14, 2008
  7. amyquilt

amyquilt Serama Mama

May 17, 2008
    Amarillo, TX
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. tazzy

tazzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2008
    Kentucky
    oh, good luck! I hope your eggs hatch this time.

9. mmajw

Jan 31, 2008
    Maine
    Ok well it is the night of Day 22 and nothing no pips or anything. Tomorrow AM will be Day 23 and I am scared that these will also not hatch.

10. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    Quote:Did you candle them? do you still see the air sac? is anything moving around the air sac??????

i would candle since it's past day 21

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by