Day 21 and more eggcited about hatching than Christmas!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by coltssuperbowl83, Dec 18, 2010.

1. coltssuperbowl83

coltssuperbowl83 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2010
    Kingsville
    I'm on day 21 and up until about an hour ago nothing but one egg rocking a bit. About an hour ago the rocking egg PEEPED!!! I'm so excited! The other 7 that i have in there right now aren't rocking or peeping or anything! Anyone else waiting on day 21 like i am! Come on chickies hatch!!! I hope the others are ok. Kind of strange to me that only one is/has been rocking and now that is the only one peeping as well. This is my first hatch so my fingers are crossed!

2. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I know the first time I heard an egg peep I was so jazzed, I wanted to run around like this little smiley: [​IMG]

I hadn't realized there would be peeps from inside sealed eggs.

Oh, and then the first pip!!!

Enjoy your hatch - it's so eggsciting!

3. coltssuperbowl83

Dec 17, 2010
    Kingsville
    Thanks, i'll keep you guys posted. Is it normal for only one of my eggs to be moving around and peeping? I thought they all would start close to the same time? Maybe not. [​IMG]

4. coltssuperbowl83

Dec 17, 2010
    Kingsville
    Still nothing. I'm starting to get disappointed and think something is wrong. I hope they're ok. Come on chicks.

5. M@M@2four

[email protected]@2four Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    USA
    Just try not to open the incubator--they need all the humidity they can get!!! Good luck!!!

6. coltssuperbowl83

Dec 17, 2010
    Kingsville
    Ok so i'm still just getting peeps from the one egg, the others are just laying there and the peeping egg keeps wiggling like it has been for 2 days now!!! My eggcitement is getting eggshausting.[​IMG]

7. coltssuperbowl83

Dec 17, 2010
    Kingsville
    My peeping egg has finally pipped!!! Now there is a different egg rolling around! This is awesome! Come on chicks!!!!!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by