Day 21 and not a pip?

grizz78

In the Brooder
10 Years
Apr 6, 2009
Tiffin
When do I start getting nervous? I candled them the day I quit turning them and the few I checked had a dark blob in them with very little air cell. This was my first time and I used a LG 9200 and turned 3 times a day by hand. The temp was 102 most of the time with very little fluctuation. Humidity was in the 50's.

Grizz, I'd give it a couple days. Your humidity sounds a bit high on day 1-18 to me. I didn't have a successful hatch this week either, so when you figure it all out, teach me...
barnie.gif

I don't know. My first hatch is a little late. Today is day 22, and I do have two holes this morning, but no sound or movement, so I'm getting nervous. I'm not sure how long it usually takes from when they start to when I should worry?

I am glad I am not the only one hoping things are right. So many helpful folks on here seem to make it sound very easy. I know when you have to turn them by hand it is time consuming. Plus those last couple days seem like they take forever.

I know! I have to go to a meeting in an hour and I'm so irritated. Last night I skipped a birthday party "just in case."
lol.png

102 temp that's to high. 99.5 perfect 1 degree either way is accecptable. 1degree lower will cause later hatch. 1 degree higher will cause earlier hatch. humdidity should be high the last 3 days around 80%.

Back
Top Bottom