1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Day 21 and Nothing....... Now Day 23 and Nothing...... Update Page 3

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by mmajw, Jun 3, 2008.

1. mmajw

mmajw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Maine
    Ok so today is Day 21 and there is nothing happening in there. No pips. No chicks. Just Eggs. [​IMG]

I am going crazy I cant even sleep. I was up at 4:30 (as was my DH) because we thought we heard peeping.

[​IMG]

We want chicks now...... [​IMG]

So, now what do I do???? [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 5, 2008
  2. NoSpringChick

NoSpringChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    SE PA
    It can take longer....just be patient..they are probably waiting for you to leave so they can hatch in peace.

3. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Hang in there! I'm on day 20, and impatiently waiting for pips [​IMG]

4. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    Patience, my dear, Patience

5. mmajw

mmajw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Maine
    Well they will have their wish today. I have to go to the feed store for supplies and volunteer in my sons class and then visiting hours for a friends grandfather who passed and then it is on to ladies night (dinner and games).
    I will be wiped after all that I have been up since 4:30 am watching the bator.

6. suebee

suebee Speaks Silkie Fluently

Apr 1, 2007
    N. Carolina
    mmajw, I guess you and I are hatching buddies. Mine are due today too. My broody has not left the nest at all today so I know it's getting close.

My #1 super duper chick hatcher wasn't broody when I got the shipped eggs, so the 2nd super duper silkie hen got the eggs.
    Now the #1 is in the nesting area with #2, acting like she's going broody and watching and waiting for #2's eggs to hatch.

I know whats going to happen...#2 will hatch the chicks and #1 will try and steal the chicks.[​IMG]
    Both silkies are very very sweet and docile so there shouldn't be any problems.
    Keep me updated, sounds like your already a walking zombie. I do have time for a quick nap but I'm too excited to sleep!

suebee

7. poulet

poulet Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    I know the feeling , we call it "bater T.V"at day 20 onwards as me and the kids are constantly staring at the eggs [​IMG]

8. suebee

suebee Speaks Silkie Fluently

Apr 1, 2007
    N. Carolina
    [​IMG]

9. Jubaby

Jubaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2008
    West Texas
    Hope you get pip soon!

[​IMG]

10. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    Quote:Only at day 20?? I'm only on day 5 and I sit for hours and watch the eggs, 4 thermometers and 2 hygrometers. I'm actually dreaming about the bator, temps, etc...

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by