1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

day 21 and still nothing what do i do???!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by jj ranch, Feb 18, 2009.

1. jj ranch

jj ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2009
    ok took one out very fast, candled and it wasnt even through air sac. is this normal??? [​IMG] i see some moving the egg a little not much. [​IMG] i know im probably freaking for no reason but dang [​IMG] i just dont know if i messed up some how. [​IMG]

2. katrinag

katrinag Chillin' With My Peeps

I would just leave them be. It temps where a little low they may hatch late.
    Was the temps stable? How about humidity? What time of day did you set the eggs?

Last edited: Feb 18, 2009
  3. jj ranch

Jan 13, 2009
    so far temps have been stable humidity was stable after 8hrs of setting for sure. i did candle oh maybe day 16 because of a smell of a dead egg and removed it. and i have 30 eggs in there. i wonder from all the times i had to get in it to candle slowed things down. i also set them in early evening time.

4. jj ranch

Jan 13, 2009
    do you think the hatch failed?

5. katrinag

katrinag Chillin' With My Peeps

I would wait till day 25 before I worry.

6. Snakeoil

Snakeoil Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2009
    SE Iowa
    If your temperature was a little low it will make your hatch time a little longer. At this point you just have to wait.

7. innof8happinesses

innof8happinesses Out Of The Brooder

Mar 18, 2008
    Sonoran Desert
    We had temp fluxuations because the temp outside kept changing which made the indoor heater in the house kick on at times which changed the incubator temp several times a day. So ours hatched late. One hatched on Day 24... But she was big because of it and had to help her pip... In hindsight, if I hear them chirping anytime after day 21 I will try to create a pip for them to breathe... as we lost one nice looking chickie...
    Listen closely to them... When I tapped the incubator they would respond.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by