Day 21 Cyn !!! ** UPDATE WE HAVE BABIES ** FEW MORE PICS

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Crazy4Chicks, May 29, 2008.

1. Crazy4Chicks

Crazy4Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    Well it is Day 21 on the 4 Blue Orph eggs that Lacey Bear is sitting on.

She has done a great job staying put on her nest. we have her in a big black wire dog crate with food and water and she was coming out once a day to dust bathe and run around the yard, past few days she has not come out so we just left her there puffed up and growling LOL

today when Jeff gets home we are going to change out her food and give her fresh water and I am going to have Jeff help me take a look under her and she what is going on -

when we candled her eggs last time I was not able to hold them long enough to see if anyone was moving or not ( she was not happy we were messing with HER babies ).

I will let you know what we find when we take a look later today

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 30, 2008
  2. Jubaby

Jubaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2008
    West Texas
    Hoping all goes well. I can't wait to see pictures.

[​IMG]

3. Crazy4Chicks

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    well I decided to go out and give her fresh water and chick starter without waiting for DH to get home

I managed to take a little peek under Lacey Bear and one egg has a pip , one has a little beak poking out and is talking away [​IMG]

I did not get a chance to see the other 2 eggs under there -- but I will check later today

so far it looks like we are going to have 2 babies - with 2 more eggs to go !!!!!!!!!!

4. sara

sara Title Needed Here

How very exciting! I have a broody due June 11th. I can hardly wait. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

How exciting! Can't wait to see how many make it out. How fortunate you were to have a broody to do the work for you, too, Julie!

6. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

[​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Crazy4Chicks

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    If I could have a broody do the work everytime I would be sooooooooooooooo happy LOL

no worrying about water and temps and humidity ......... I know Lacey Bear's bottom stayed the same temp the whole time LOL

well I went out to take a listen and the peeping is alittle louder - but I will take a look under her in bit and see how the babies are doing -- I will take my camera out there next time and see if I can get a pic for you Cyn

Last edited: May 29, 2008
  8. Crazy4Chicks

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    well I went out and took a pic of Lacey Bear hard at work -- she let me feel around under her and 2 of the eggs are still pipping and peeping away under there the other 2 are taking thier time

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

hopefully these babies make it out alright [​IMG]

9. Crazy4Chicks

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    we have 2 little fuzzybutts out there !!!

I know some will not agree with this but tonight I am going to head to wal*mart and a tote and make a brooder inside and bring these 2 in and let Lacey Bear stay on the other 2 eggs until they hatch -- when I went out to get these pics one of my other hens had a baby by the wing and was trying to pull in through the crate !!!!! I have the sides blocked for now but I think I would feel safer bringing them inside.

anyway here are the pics sorry they are blurry but I was on my hands and knees trying to get a pic while Cleo was standing behind me trying to get in the crate to get the baby I pulled away from her....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

these babies are darker than I thought they would be LOL

they are both from Skye's eggs

10. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Remember, Julie, that two blues can produce either blue, black or splash, so they can be either dark blue or black, even. The blacks are just gorgeous, with bright, beetle-green sheen in their feathers.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by