Day 21 for my pheasant eggs in the bator....

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by JimnJanet, Apr 24, 2008.

1. JimnJanet

JimnJanet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2008
    S.W Pa.
    will be at 2300 tonite. Do i wait till then to remove the turner and crank up the humids ? Or is it jist the date that matters ?

2. Dawn419

Dawn419 Lost in the Woods

Apr 16, 2007
    Evening Shade, AR
    I stopped turning/removed turner on day 20 with my pheasant eggs and increased the humidity on day 19...just going by what I had read on the internet. Unfortunately, I found alot of conflicting info when it came to hatching pheasant eggs.

Here's the chart I finally decided to go by...

http://www.thetrianglefarm.com/incubation.html

Hope this is some help!

Dawn

3. JimnJanet

Jan 29, 2008
    S.W Pa.
    Thanx Dawn. wow, that chart is somewhat off on the umbers from what the feller that sold me the eggs said. Only thing the same is the temp of 99.5. Oh i am sooooo confused !!! lol
    I am sure that my wafer is caflunkin cause i've been goin thru a pretty hard time keepin my temps and humids stabilized. I bot a new one but it was over two week sinto incubation so i didn't want to mess with changin it this time.
    I jist looked at the info the seller gave me and now i see he said to stop turning on day 22.5 arrrghh. Also, i am not really sure what kind o' pheasants i have. Some kind of mutants is all i know.
    How was your hatch success with your formula ?
    Jim

4. Dawn419

Dawn419 Lost in the Woods

Apr 16, 2007
    Evening Shade, AR
    Hi Jim,

This was my first time hatching pheasant...only 3 out of a total of 6 eggs were fertile. Out of the 3 "good eggs", 2 were developing just fine and one was iffy. Only 1 hatched, the second one pipped at the small end and apparently drowned and the third egg did nothing. Quite a bummer, actually! [​IMG]

Maybe one of our members with pheasant knowledge will be able to help us out some more and maybe even make a pheasant incubating/hatching page with valuable information. [​IMG]

Tried to get a book from the town library but that was more disheartening than my search on the internet. [​IMG]

Dawn

5. JimnJanet

Jan 29, 2008
    S.W Pa.
    Wow, one out o' six. I got 18 eggs in the bator. I hope i have a better rate.
    But, i have decided that i AM gonna learn pheasant egg stuff and git better at it. This is only the begining. Maybe by this time next spring i may be that one with good info for pheasant egg enthusiasts. Weeee'll see [​IMG]
    I still don't know if i should remove my turner tonight or tomorrow. [​IMG]
    If there was room in there i'd split the difference and do half.
    MMMmm...maybe two o' the trays are removable ?

6. Bantymama

Bantymama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2007
    MN
    I removed my eggs from the turner on morning of the 21 st day and upped the to humidity 70. I got my eggs from a local pheasant hatchery near me. I had 1 pip on day 22 and hatched on day 23. 4 hatched on day 24. 8 hatched on day 25 and 4 hatched on day 26. Total of 17 hatched out of 24 eggs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by