1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

day 21 have some questions

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Kinipela, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Kinipela

Kinipela Out Of The Brooder

Dec 2, 2011
    Valencia, Ca
    My chick was rocking in its egg last to days. Tonight there is no movement. Does it stop moving before it breaks through to the air sac. We havent heard any peeps from it yet

2. OldChurchEggery1

OldChurchEggery1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2011
    Virginia
    Yes, the last few hours leading up to hatching allow the chick to absorb the yolk and for the blood in the vessels in the egg to drain back to the chick's body. Your eggs will seems still compared to the days preceding. If you think about how quickly a chick develops and fills the space, it should allay your fears of something bad having happened. The chick's just "powering up" for the effort of hatching!

3. Kinipela

Kinipela Out Of The Brooder

Dec 2, 2011
    Valencia, Ca
    I hope that is what is going on. Still no piping. Day 22 and waiting [​IMG]

4. loupan

loupan Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2011
    newzealand
    [​IMG] im with ya on this one im on day 22 and nothing also i did a quick candle this morning and everything seems ok airsac is now slanting slightly but im told this is correct im praying with you hopefully something will happen soon [​IMG]

5. kenny7673

kenny7673 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 13, 2011
    hillsboro
    i got one that just hatched. i think something is wrong with it. looks like its got something hanging out of it behind. its been out a coupke hours now should it be walking yet? could any of you help me please?

6. loupan

Nov 24, 2011
    newzealand
    Im not sure im all new to this:confused: but has it dried off and gone all fluffy if so i would think it would be walking round now but also it must be exhausted does it seem lively enough you may just have to give it time sorry i cant help more but this forum is great someone will help you im sure im keeping my fingers crossed everything is ok [​IMG]

7. kenny7673

Nov 13, 2011
    hillsboro
    yeh its really livley. but its not completely dry yet. its legs seem strong cause it can flip its self over but it just aint standing

8. loupan

Nov 24, 2011
    newzealand
    I would just say give it time [​IMG]: [​IMG] thats what i would do must be hard work getting out that darn shell [​IMG]

9. kenny7673

Nov 13, 2011
    hillsboro
    lol yeh i bet it is

10. psycoforsilkies

psycoforsilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 23, 2011
    East central Texas
    I am on day 21 too of my first Hatch , Not quite sure what to expect really I think i saw one of the eggs move or my eyes just wanted it to I don't know for sure! Just excited for them to come out so I can see what color they are![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by