Day 21! Help!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by sterlingb, Feb 28, 2013.

1. sterlingb

sterlingb Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2013
    Shreveport, LA
    So today is day 21 for my eggs and nothing has happened!! No piping! I'm so scared that they aren't going to hatch. My temp is hanging about 99 and my humidity is 57 . I've had a hard time getting my humidity up( highest it's been is 61%) do u think tht could possibly be the problem or hurt their chances of hatching? All I can do is stare at the bator bc I'm so nervous!! On day 1 I didn't put them in the incubator until 5pm so maybe tomorrow ??? Help me please!!!
    #worriedchickenlady

2. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Give them time, they'll start hatching soon. I know it's nerve wrecking when hatch day rolls round and you're waiting for that first pip. Try and keep the humidity as high as possible, without opening the 'bator if you can. I added water to mine with a straw during lockdown. Just watch you don't get it all over the eggs Like I did! No harm done thankfully. Once the chicks start hatching the humidity will go up as they release moisture from the egg and while they dry off. The humidity in mine went up by around 8% with every chick that hatched. Good luck with your hatch and keep us posted!

3. sterlingb

sterlingb Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2013
    Shreveport, LA
    Ok so I just checked my calendar and somehow got a day off!!!! Which means I put them on lockdown on day 17! Is this going to mess everything up?? Or will they be fine? Here I was thinking today was day 21 and its really only 20.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by