1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Day 21 I hear chirpin but no pipin........Soooooo excited!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Clucker4life, Oct 6, 2012.

1. Clucker4life

Clucker4life Out Of The Brooder

Sep 17, 2012
    Hot Springs, Arkansas
    Ok so today is supposed to be the Big day!!! I hear chirping, but see no piping!! It is so hard not to stand over them and watch. When shoud I start to worry? First hatch in my homemade bator.

2. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    It can take chicks more than 24 hours to hatch, so don't worry. There's a lot going on inside that egg, getting the little one ready to come out. It needs to learn to breathe air, absorb the yolk sac etc. Keep the humidity up and don't open the incubator! The chicks'll come when they're ready. Good luck!

3. sumi

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    It can take chicks more than 24 hours to hatch, so don't worry. There's a lot going on inside that egg, getting the little one ready to come out. It needs to learn to breathe air, absorb the yolk sac etc. Keep the humidity up and don't open the incubator! The chicks'll come when they're ready. Good luck!

4. Clucker4life

Sep 17, 2012
    Hot Springs, Arkansas
    Sad this morning went to bed hearing the little guy chirp and woke up to it piped but blood coming out of the egg!!!! No movement or noise[​IMG]

5. sumi

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Blood?

6. Clucker4life

Sep 17, 2012
    Hot Springs, Arkansas
    Yes blood!! It was no longer alive.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by