day 21 is over for my chicken egg and it did not hatch

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by sager:)silkies, Oct 20, 2011.

1. sager:)silkies

sager:)silkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2011
    Canada
    Hopefully it still hatches

Last edited: Oct 20, 2011
  2. clairabean

clairabean Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2010
    Kootenays of BC!
    [​IMG] Good luck!

3. Faerytalefarm

Faerytalefarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2011
    sager:)silkies :

Day 21 for our 32 and we still have 8 that have not pipped yet but I fully expect them to in the next day or so. Don't give up just yet!​

4. sager:)silkies

Oct 1, 2011
    Canada
    Quote:Day 21 for our 32 and we still have 8 that have not pipped yet but I fully expect them to in the next day or so. Don't give up just yet!

I'm trying not to

5. Chinchilla2

Chinchilla2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2011
    Red Rock
    sager:)silkies :

Always give it a few extra days just in case there was a temp drop or your thermometer is off. If it still hasn't hatched by day 24, then you might consider checking to see what went wrong and where.​

6. misslady

misslady Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2011
    The Great Lakes.
    [​IMG] for you!

7. WhiteMountainsRanch

WhiteMountainsRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2010
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    They ALWAYS go later than day 21, I always tell myself they get READY to hatch on the 21st, lol. I usually have them hatch between the 22nd and 25th... and if your incubator is running on the cool side then it can take them even longer.

Just be patient and don't open the incubator!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Melissa Rose

Melissa Rose Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2011
    South Texas
    I have two little silkie eggs on day 20 right now. I keep telling myself not to go and look AGAIN [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] It is sooo hard! Even though I'm not on day 21 yet you start to wonder if you might have incubated wrong [​IMG] !!! Biggg Huggggssss to you [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. sager:)silkies

Oct 1, 2011
    Canada
    Or i actually have a hen sitting on the eggs but none of hatched as of last night but ima go let the chickens out in 15 min and go look in the indvidual cell and hopefully see mama with a newborn wish me luck

10. sager:)silkies

Oct 1, 2011
    Canada
    Or i actually have a hen sitting on the eggs but none of hatched as of last night but ima go let the chickens out in 15 min and go look in the indvidual cell and hopefully see mama with a newborn wish me luck

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by