1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Day 21 is quickly ending....chick hatched!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Corey NC, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Corey NC

Corey NC Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    North Carolina
    Only one egg has pipped and it has no progress since the initial pip spot. It used to be peeping a lot now it is only peeping ocasionally and extremly faintly.

Should I help it?

Last edited: Feb 26, 2008
  2. skeeter9

skeeter9 Chillin' With My Peeps

How long ago did it pip?

3. Corey NC

Mar 28, 2007
    North Carolina
    10:00 am

4. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

This morning?

5. Corey NC

Mar 28, 2007
    North Carolina
    yes

6. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Maybe it's just resting......hopefully.

7. skeeter9

skeeter9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Probably just resting. Many times they pip, then rest and don't hatch until much later (like 12-24 hours). Sometimes it's just a chick that is not strong enough to make it through the hatch, but usually they're just resting.

Lori

8. chickhamm

chickhamm Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    i have one that pipped yesterday evening [​IMG] , no real progress, if i dont see any progress in the next few hours im helping it out.

chickhamm

9. Corey NC

Mar 28, 2007
    North Carolina
    right after I posted I fell I asleep and when I woke a few minutes ago the chick has hatched. It was a clean hatch and the chick looks to be white.

I'll get some pics as soon as I find my camera.....

10. ae50mag

ae50mag Chillin' With My Peeps

corey, are you opening the incubator any in the last few days, i am confused to the poor hatches, unless postal mistreatment, they are packed well and running high fertility here at the house still. i am good and confused... lol

like always if you want somemore i can do it for shipping charge in your area probally around 6 bucks.

frank

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by