Day 21, nothing going on......

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by tharrell, Apr 12, 2009.

1. tharrell

tharrell Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 28, 2008
    Colorado Springs
    I'm starting to get worried at this point. I've got 2 dozen eggs in that are on day 21 and there hasn't been any activity at all! The temp and humidity is good. In the first week a storm passed and dropped my temp down to 97-98 for about a day, and I'm worried everyone died. Do you think there is a chance???

2. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Where the temps dropped for a little while, they are probably just going to hatch a little late. Maybe you'll have pips by tonight or tomorrow morning.

Hang in there and DO NOT open that bator! [​IMG]

3. Chicky Tocks

Chicky Tocks [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2666.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Ru

Oct 20, 2008
    Benton, Arkansas
    My temp has dropped to that degree on an off and now I'm on day 14. Everyone was wiggly when I candled on day 13. Low temps like that can cause you to have a late hatch though. Most probably it just set you back a day. Give those eggs till at least day 23 before you start to get discouraged. [​IMG]

4. tharrell

Jul 28, 2008
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks guys, that helps me feel a little better:) I was up about 5 times last night shining a flashlight in there looking for signs of anything!!! I was really hoping for my EE's to hatch on Easter, but I will take anything at this point!

5. tharrell

Jul 28, 2008
    Colorado Springs
    Ok, I have now gone so far as to put my computer speakers up to the bator and play hen and chick sounds. How rediculous am I....

6. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Quote:[​IMG]

I'll bet it works!!

.[​IMG]

7. HobokenChickenEmergency

HobokenChickenEmergency Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2009
    Evansville
    Quote:That actually crossed my mind too. Let me know how that works out for you.

8. OHMYCHICKIES

OHMYCHICKIES Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2008
    during my incubating period I had many times when the temp fluctuated from 95 - 105 and I still have chickies. 9 out of 15 so far - it's day 20 today. Hang in there!!

9. tharrell

Jul 28, 2008
    Colorado Springs
    My husband just walked up here and stared at me with an odd look on his face. I think he thinks I'm crazy.

10. tharrell

Jul 28, 2008
    Colorado Springs
    Still nothing today!!! Apparently sounds of mommy and babies did nothing. Should I maybe open one up and see if there is anything going on in there? Any ideas?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by